Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > No GUI

No GUI

=?Utf-8?B?QmVu?=

After installing and attempting to play a game my my computer froze and
crashed to the dreaded blue screen of death. after reboot there is no GUI,
just a black screen the mouse cursor is visable and not frozen (that is it
moves with the mouse). No error messages come up.

Can anyone please shed some light on this???

Colin Barnhorst

Reboot into the Safe Boot options screen and select Last Known Good
Configuration and see if that restores the system. Uninstall the game and
then try installing it in compatibility mode.

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After installing and attempting to play a game my my computer froze and
> crashed to the dreaded blue screen of death. after reboot there is no GUI,
> just a black screen the mouse cursor is visable and not frozen (that is it
> moves with the mouse). No error messages come up.
>
> Can anyone please shed some light on this???

Charlie Russel - MVP

And be prepared to reinstall your video drivers.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64