Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Install for Microsoft Office 11 will not initialize?

Windows Install for Microsoft Office 11 will not initialize?

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

It says I am in safe mode or Windows Install is corrupt. This occurs when I
put in my Office 2003 disk.

Additionally, I used the 'hotfix' to migrate from my x32 Professional to x64
on new computer. MY conclusion thus far? The hotfix is a cold dish! It put my
programs in the wrong folder (the x64) not the x32 or as it is named: (x86).

Now of course I need to reinstall my Outlook so I can manually place my
comcast connection up, since it ported 'old verizon' settings etc all in the
wrong place anyways.

Admittedly, migrating was in hind site less preferrable than rebuilding from
scratch. But maybe some settings that switched over will be more useful than
a hindrance as it so appears now.

Many many, kind appreciation and gratitude to all help !!! <smiles>

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP or
2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result of
a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve the
problem:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It says I am in safe mode or Windows Install is corrupt. This occurs when
> put in my Office 2003 disk.
>
> Additionally, I used the 'hotfix' to migrate from my x32 Professional to
> x64
> on new computer. MY conclusion thus far? The hotfix is a cold dish! It put
> my
> programs in the wrong folder (the x64) not the x32 or as it is named:
> (x86).
>
> Now of course I need to reinstall my Outlook so I can manually place my
> comcast connection up, since it ported 'old verizon' settings etc all in
> the
> wrong place anyways.
>
> Admittedly, migrating was in hind site less preferrable than rebuilding
> from
> scratch. But maybe some settings that switched over will be more useful
> than
> a hindrance as it so appears now.
>
> Many many, kind appreciation and gratitude to all help !!! <smiles>

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

Gosh thanks ! Really appreciate your help.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP or
> 2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result of
> a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve the
> problem:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>

> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It says I am in safe mode or Windows Install is corrupt. This occurs when
> > put in my Office 2003 disk.
> >
> > Additionally, I used the 'hotfix' to migrate from my x32 Professional to
> > x64
> > on new computer. MY conclusion thus far? The hotfix is a cold dish! It put
> > my
> > programs in the wrong folder (the x64) not the x32 or as it is named:
> > (x86).
> >
> > Now of course I need to reinstall my Outlook so I can manually place my
> > comcast connection up, since it ported 'old verizon' settings etc all in
> > the
> > wrong place anyways.
> >
> > Admittedly, migrating was in hind site less preferrable than rebuilding
> > from
> > scratch. But maybe some settings that switched over will be more useful
> > than
> > a hindrance as it so appears now.
> >
> > Many many, kind appreciation and gratitude to all help !!! <smiles>

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

Hi again and many thanks. I went to your Blog and downloaded as well via the
links provided up to date drivers for my video cards, GeForce 7800, twin.
That was nice as now I have multiple monitor support working.

However, the Microsoft fix did not avail anything, I received back the same
error message concerning the installer not working. I did restart the
computer.

Anyway again thanks for your fine Blog, it is most handy and appreciated.

Sincerely,
Yukala

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP or
> 2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result of
> a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve the
> problem:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>

> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It says I am in safe mode or Windows Install is corrupt. This occurs when
> > put in my Office 2003 disk.
> >
> > Additionally, I used the 'hotfix' to migrate from my x32 Professional to
> > x64
> > on new computer. MY conclusion thus far? The hotfix is a cold dish! It put
> > my
> > programs in the wrong folder (the x64) not the x32 or as it is named:
> > (x86).
> >
> > Now of course I need to reinstall my Outlook so I can manually place my
> > comcast connection up, since it ported 'old verizon' settings etc all in
> > the
> > wrong place anyways.
> >
> > Admittedly, migrating was in hind site less preferrable than rebuilding
> > from
> > scratch. But maybe some settings that switched over will be more useful
> > than
> > a hindrance as it so appears now.
> >
> > Many many, kind appreciation and gratitude to all help !!! <smiles>

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Have you tried making a copy of the disk and run setup from the duplicate?
It might work, disk could also be damaged.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi again and many thanks. I went to your Blog and downloaded as well via
> the
> links provided up to date drivers for my video cards, GeForce 7800, twin.
> That was nice as now I have multiple monitor support working.
>
> However, the Microsoft fix did not avail anything, I received back the
> same
> error message concerning the installer not working. I did restart the
> computer.
>
> Anyway again thanks for your fine Blog, it is most handy and appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
> Yukala
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP
>> or
>> 2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result
>> of
>> a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve
>> the
>> problem:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>

>> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > It says I am in safe mode or Windows Install is corrupt. This occurs
>> > when
>> > put in my Office 2003 disk.
>> >
>> > Additionally, I used the 'hotfix' to migrate from my x32 Professional
>> > x64
>> > on new computer. MY conclusion thus far? The hotfix is a cold dish! It
>> > put
>> > my
>> > programs in the wrong folder (the x64) not the x32 or as it is named:
>> > (x86).
>> >
>> > Now of course I need to reinstall my Outlook so I can manually place my
>> > comcast connection up, since it ported 'old verizon' settings etc all
>> > in
>> > the
>> > wrong place anyways.
>> >
>> > Admittedly, migrating was in hind site less preferrable than rebuilding
>> > from
>> > scratch. But maybe some settings that switched over will be more useful
>> > than
>> > a hindrance as it so appears now.
>> >
>> > Many many, kind appreciation and gratitude to all help !!! <smiles>

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

Hi Andre,

Thankyou very much for your response!

Disk is good, kept in pristine condition and just checked it by loading it
in the old computer I am migrating from. The installer worked fine here in a
x32 XP Pro. And is asking me what I what to do, repair etc.

I was going to retire this old 1.8 ghz, however for now it is still set up
side by side next to new one. This is how I am on the Web now.

I downloaded the 'user state migration tool' Colin posted of, though I am
not sure of use for me having already utilized the Wizard migration tool to
switch over files and settings a long yesterday ago. That 'hotfix' did not
work well, it put the programs in the wrong folder and none were functional,
hence here I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself.

Again thanks and kind regards,
Yukala

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Have you tried making a copy of the disk and run setup from the duplicate?
> It might work, disk could also be damaged.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi again and many thanks. I went to your Blog and downloaded as well via
> > the
> > links provided up to date drivers for my video cards, GeForce 7800, twin.
> > That was nice as now I have multiple monitor support working.
> >
> > However, the Microsoft fix did not avail anything, I received back the
> > same
> > error message concerning the installer not working. I did restart the
> > computer.
> >
> > Anyway again thanks for your fine Blog, it is most handy and appreciated.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Yukala
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> There has been reported conflicts installing either Microsoft Office XP
> >> or
> >> 2003 on Windows XP Professional x64. The problem it seems is as a result
> >> of
> >> a flaw in Windows Installer 3.1. Here is a link to the update to resolve
> >> the
> >> problem:
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >>

> >> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

"I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself."
Sounds like a good idea, report back if it works out.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Andre,
>
> Thankyou very much for your response!
>
> Disk is good, kept in pristine condition and just checked it by loading it
> in the old computer I am migrating from. The installer worked fine here in
> x32 XP Pro. And is asking me what I what to do, repair etc.
>
> I was going to retire this old 1.8 ghz, however for now it is still set up
> side by side next to new one. This is how I am on the Web now.
>
> I downloaded the 'user state migration tool' Colin posted of, though I am
> not sure of use for me having already utilized the Wizard migration tool
> switch over files and settings a long yesterday ago. That 'hotfix' did not
> work well, it put the programs in the wrong folder and none were
> functional,
> hence here I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself.
>
> Again thanks and kind regards,
> Yukala
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried making a copy of the disk and run setup from the
>> duplicate?
>> It might work, disk could also be damaged.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi again and many thanks. I went to your Blog and downloaded as well
>> > via
>> > the
>> > links provided up to date drivers for my video cards, GeForce 7800,
>> > twin.
>> > That was nice as now I have multiple monitor support working.
>> >
>> > However, the Microsoft fix did not avail anything, I received back the
>> > same
>> > error message concerning the installer not working. I did restart the
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Anyway again thanks for your fine Blog, it is most handy and
>> > appreciated.
>> >
>> > Sincerely,
>> > Yukala

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

So far the update to resolve the Window Installer 3.1 has not worked for me
for the disk now definately confirmed good will yet not install as per this
message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur
if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Wondows Installer is not
correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistence." I will
re-install update however, is there anything else I may be missing or need to
check?

Thanks again,
Yukala

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> "I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself."
> Sounds like a good idea, report back if it works out.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi Andre,
> >
> > Thankyou very much for your response!
> >
> > Disk is good, kept in pristine condition and just checked it by loading it
> > in the old computer I am migrating from. The installer worked fine here in
> > x32 XP Pro. And is asking me what I what to do, repair etc.
> >
> > I was going to retire this old 1.8 ghz, however for now it is still set up
> > side by side next to new one. This is how I am on the Web now.
> >
> > I downloaded the 'user state migration tool' Colin posted of, though I am
> > not sure of use for me having already utilized the Wizard migration tool
> > switch over files and settings a long yesterday ago. That 'hotfix' did not
> > work well, it put the programs in the wrong folder and none were
> > functional,
> > hence here I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself.
> >
> > Again thanks and kind regards,
> > Yukala
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you tried making a copy of the disk and run setup from the
> >> duplicate?
> >> It might work, disk could also be damaged.
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >>
> >> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I can't suggest anything else until you reinstall the Installer.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> So far the update to resolve the Window Installer 3.1 has not worked for
> me
> for the disk now definately confirmed good will yet not install as per
> this
> message: "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
> occur
> if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Wondows Installer is
> not
> correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistence." I
> will
> re-install update however, is there anything else I may be missing or need
> check?
>
> Thanks again,
> Yukala
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> "I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself."
>> Sounds like a good idea, report back if it works out.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Yukala" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi Andre,
>> >
>> > Thankyou very much for your response!
>> >
>> > Disk is good, kept in pristine condition and just checked it by loading
>> > it
>> > in the old computer I am migrating from. The installer worked fine here
>> > in
>> > x32 XP Pro. And is asking me what I what to do, repair etc.
>> >
>> > I was going to retire this old 1.8 ghz, however for now it is still set
>> > up
>> > side by side next to new one. This is how I am on the Web now.
>> >
>> > I downloaded the 'user state migration tool' Colin posted of, though I
>> > am
>> > not sure of use for me having already utilized the Wizard migration
>> > tool
>> > switch over files and settings a long yesterday ago. That 'hotfix' did
>> > not
>> > work well, it put the programs in the wrong folder and none were
>> > functional,
>> > hence here I am seeking to re-install via the program disk itself.
>> >
>> > Again thanks and kind regards,
>> > Yukala

=?Utf-8?B?WXVrYWxh?=

An update:

The Windows installer was defaulting to the wrong OS, so when I manually
tried the second selection having copied directly onto the x86 directory and
then activating Windows Install from there. It worked !!