Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Flash Player in 64 bit IE

Flash Player in 64 bit IE

=?Utf-8?B?VG9kZA==?=

Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 11:52:01 -0800, "Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

http://www.macromedia.com/go/6b3af6c9

jud

John Barnes

Agreed, and in many cases for me, I go to a page using IE32 that asks to
download the flash player, I okay, it downloads, I ok the install, and the
next visit to the page, I have to to thru the same thing again. Seems I
have flash and flash8 all over the place. Maybe I can dump some on ebay
but then they don't work, does that matter?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

Charlie Russel - MVP

One of the best features of 64-bit IE is no Flash.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes wrote:
> Agreed, and in many cases for me, I go to a page using IE32 that asks to
> download the flash player, I okay, it downloads, I ok the install, and the
> next visit to the page, I have to to thru the same thing again. Seems I
> have flash and flash8 all over the place. Maybe I can dump some on ebay
> but then they don't work, does that matter?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 22:17:38 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>One of the best features of 64-bit IE is no Flash.

Firefox + Flashblocker does wonders too

jud

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Oh? Why would you say so? It has its purpose when it comes providing rich
dynamic content over the web instead the boring bland HTML.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> One of the best features of 64-bit IE is no Flash.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> John Barnes wrote:
>> Agreed, and in many cases for me, I go to a page using IE32 that asks to
>> download the flash player, I okay, it downloads, I ok the install, and
>> the
>> next visit to the page, I have to to thru the same thing again. Seems I
>> have flash and flash8 all over the place. Maybe I can dump some on ebay
>> but then they don't work, does that matter?

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jud Hendrix

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:53:01 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Oh? Why would you say so? It has its purpose when it comes providing rich
>dynamic content over the web instead the boring bland HTML.

That is true. However they are very annoying to people who are still using
dial-up. I know this is probably not the case for most here in this group,
but we are not the "mean average" in terms of computer-users.
IMNHO: sometimes the Flash-content is designed p*ss-poor, and if a website
has no choice for a HTML-alternative, I quickly runaway.

jud

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Huh? I'm a bit confused John. You have Flash, the web develop tool and Flash
Player for viewing the content created in Flash?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Agreed, and in many cases for me, I go to a page using IE32 that asks to
> download the flash player, I okay, it downloads, I ok the install, and the
> next visit to the page, I have to to thru the same thing again. Seems I
> have flash and flash8 all over the place. Maybe I can dump some on ebay
> but then they don't work, does that matter?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Todd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Any way to install Flash player, 7 or 8 in 64 bit Internet Explorer?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well that is true, I remember it use to be a pain loading Flash websites and
when I saw HTML option, my response would be (thank God)!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta