Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > hello i did like to ask stuff about windows 64

hello i did like to ask stuff about windows 64

xCreax

Hello. i'm new here.

my Com specs :

Geforce 7800 GT 256mb
Lanparty UT SLI-DR motherboard
Pc 4400 1 gig ram
Amd athlon 64 x2 dualcore 3800+

ok. u see i'm currently using windows xp 32 bit
and i'm encoutering a huge problem. this computer is only 2 weeks old

u see. whenever i leave a program on for more then 30 mins. it'll eat
up 200 000 K - 300 000 K memory usage. why is this so? everytime i play
game half way it LAGS VERY FAST.. and i must reboot to make it work
again. its like ihave to reboot every 30 mins. can anyone explain why?
must i change to a windows x64 bit?

i've tried scanning with alot of stuff like hijackthis and stuff. i
reformatted 7 times already. still encoutering the same problem !!

--
xCreax
xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625

Tony Sperling

I am thinking, perhaps you need to get a BIOS update to have it conform to
the Dual-Core? Or you need a processor driver? I cannot be more specific - I
have no experience with the Dual-Core's - but these are some of the mishaps
that keeps creeping up here. Search the involved 'sites', (Motherboard,
Chipset, AMD) to see if they have something you don't.

Tony. . .

"xCreax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello. i'm new here.
>
> my Com specs :
>
> Geforce 7800 GT 256mb
> Lanparty UT SLI-DR motherboard
> Pc 4400 1 gig ram
> Amd athlon 64 x2 dualcore 3800+
>
> ok. u see i'm currently using windows xp 32 bit
> and i'm encoutering a huge problem. this computer is only 2 weeks old
>
> u see. whenever i leave a program on for more then 30 mins. it'll eat
> up 200 000 K - 300 000 K memory usage. why is this so? everytime i play
> game half way it LAGS VERY FAST.. and i must reboot to make it work
> again. its like ihave to reboot every 30 mins. can anyone explain why?
> must i change to a windows x64 bit?
>
> i've tried scanning with alot of stuff like hijackthis and stuff. i
> reformatted 7 times already. still encoutering the same problem !!
>

> --
> xCreax
> xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12534

Colin Barnhorst

A BIOS update might be in order, especially if the cpu is an upgrade for
this board. AMD does provide a cpu driver for the dual core cpu's. The
symptoms described are very unusual, however. Without knowing what resident
programs are running (I suspect a P2P file sharing client would do what is
described) who can say what is going on.

news:uQs6d%23k$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am thinking, perhaps you need to get a BIOS update to have it conform to
>the Dual-Core? Or you need a processor driver? I cannot be more specific -
>I have no experience with the Dual-Core's - but these are some of the
>mishaps that keeps creeping up here. Search the involved 'sites',
>(Motherboard, Chipset, AMD) to see if they have something you don't.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "xCreax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> Hello. i'm new here.
>>
>> my Com specs :
>>
>> Geforce 7800 GT 256mb
>> Lanparty UT SLI-DR motherboard
>> Pc 4400 1 gig ram
>> Amd athlon 64 x2 dualcore 3800+
>>
>> ok. u see i'm currently using windows xp 32 bit
>> and i'm encoutering a huge problem. this computer is only 2 weeks old
>>
>> u see. whenever i leave a program on for more then 30 mins. it'll eat
>> up 200 000 K - 300 000 K memory usage. why is this so? everytime i play
>> game half way it LAGS VERY FAST.. and i must reboot to make it work
>> again. its like ihave to reboot every 30 mins. can anyone explain why?
>> must i change to a windows x64 bit?
>>
>> i've tried scanning with alot of stuff like hijackthis and stuff. i
>> reformatted 7 times already. still encoutering the same problem !!
>>

>> --
>> xCreax
>> xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12534

xCreax

hmm. i just downloaded the amd driver and it still having the sam
problem. i did not on any other non necessity program. i updated m
bios long ago. hmm. this is really getting on my nerves

--
xCrea
xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=162

Colin Barnhorst

I have none of the symptoms you describe on my AMD64 Athlon x2 4400+.

"xCreax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> hmm. i just downloaded the amd driver and it still having the same
> problem. i did not on any other non necessity program. i updated my
> bios long ago. hmm. this is really getting on my nerves.
>

> --
> xCreax
> xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12534

Colin Nowell

Open Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and have a look in the "Processes" tab. How
many processes are running when this is going on? Can you see any processes
in the list that you are not aware are running? What else have you installed
on this machine application wise?

"xCreax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> hmm. i just downloaded the amd driver and it still having the same
> problem. i did not on any other non necessity program. i updated my
> bios long ago. hmm. this is really getting on my nerves.
>

> --
> xCreax
> xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12534

xCreax

'[image: http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5055/aa7er.gif]
(http://imageshack.us
'[image: http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1528/example7rc.gif]
(http://imageshack.us

an example of the problem .. i hope this helps more on the situation :

--
xCrea
xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=162
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253

Colin Nowell

I take it that GW.EXE is your game yes? If not, what is it? It's difficult
to pin anything down from your picture...

GW.EXE is taking 54% of one of your processors but not both...

"xCreax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> '[image: http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5055/aa7er.gif]'
> (http://imageshack.us)
> '[image: http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/1528/example7rc.gif]'
> (http://imageshack.us)
>
> an example of the problem .. i hope this helps more on the situation :/
>

> --
> xCreax
> xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1625
> View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12534

xCreax

gw is my game. and iexplore is my IE.

look at that amount of memory it eats. it makes my com lag. i dont kno
why. this is sooooooooooo fustratin

--
xCrea
xCreax's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=162
View this thread: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253

John Barnes

Don't know what your pictures are since they don't load, but the amount of
memory you list is only a fraction of your ram so I see no reason you should
have a problem especially in light of what the Collins' have said. Doesn't
appear to be ram or cpu. What happens to your pagefile during the half
hour. Where does it start and how much does it grow.