Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Service Pack 2

Service Pack 2

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, XP Professional x64 Edition is based on Windows Server 2003 SP1 which
was released AFTER XP SP2. All the updates that went into SP2 are already
there. x64 Edition will continue on the Server schedule for service packs,
not on the client schedule, given the different code base.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Frankster wrote:
> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Frank

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtzdGVy?=

Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?

Thanks!!

Frank

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Frank;
No, the appropriate updates are incorporated in the released 64 bit version.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Frank

Colin Barnhorst

Welcome to x64 land, Jupiter.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OlwcPGh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Frank;
> No, the appropriate updates are incorporated in the released 64 bit
> version.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?
>>
>> Thanks!!
>>
>> Frank

Charlie Russel - MVP

Oh, Jupiter pokes his nose in here every once in a while. And always a
welcome addition.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Welcome to x64 land, Jupiter.
>
>> Frank;
>> No, the appropriate updates are incorporated in the released 64 bit
>> version.
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get
>>> it? Thanks!!
>>>
>>> Frank

roman modic

Hello!

"Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?

XP.SP2 < 2003.SP1 < XPx64 < Vista

Cheers, Roman

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Whats that suppose to mean Roman?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"roman modic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23BRmksl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> "Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?

> XP.SP2 < 2003.SP1 < XPx64 < Vista
>

> Cheers, Roman

Colin Barnhorst

If you implying that Vista is based on the XP Pro x64 codebase, I don't
think that is the case. XP Pro x64 is an NT5.2 edition. Vista is NT 6.

"roman modic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23BRmksl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> "Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?

> XP.SP2 < 2003.SP1 < XPx64 < Vista
>

> Cheers, Roman

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtzdGVy?=

Thanks All!!!

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> If you implying that Vista is based on the XP Pro x64 codebase, I don't
> think that is the case. XP Pro x64 is an NT5.2 edition. Vista is NT 6.

> "roman modic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23BRmksl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello!
> >
> > "Frankster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Is there a SP2 for the 64bit version of XP? If there where can I get it?

> > XP.SP2 < 2003.SP1 < XPx64 < Vista
> >

> > Cheers, Roman

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Wouldn't you say Vista and Longhorn Server are platform of their own now
Colin? Yes, they are based off the Server 2003 SP1 code base, but that is
only for a short time and eventually they become their own code base on
which the development of the next version of Windows begins. So, we know
that Longhorn Server will be latest code base even after Vista since it
requires more security hardening and so on.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta