Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Acer Aspire 5002WMLi laptop drivers?

Acer Aspire 5002WMLi laptop drivers?

=?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

Hello.

I've just acquired this laptop, and am interested in giving XP Pro x64 a
whirl. I have re-partitioned the drive to add a partition I can party on,
dual-boot-wise. I have downloaded the trial OS, but haven't installed it yet.

Do any of these devices have XP64 drivers yet?

Hard Drive: Toshiba MK1031GAS (100GB)
Display: SiS M760GX
DVD/CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N
Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
Modem: Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
Audio: Realtek AC'97

Thanks for any tips.

--
Turion64Laptop
Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

Dominic Payer

You have identified the manufacturers, so check for x64 drivers -- and
firmware updates for the DVD drive - on their websites.

"Turion64Laptop" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello.
>
> I've just acquired this laptop, and am interested in giving XP Pro x64 a
> whirl. I have re-partitioned the drive to add a partition I can party on,
> dual-boot-wise. I have downloaded the trial OS, but haven't installed it
> yet.
>
> Do any of these devices have XP64 drivers yet?
>
> Hard Drive: Toshiba MK1031GAS (100GB)
> Display: SiS M760GX
> DVD/CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N
> Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard
> Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
> Modem: Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
> Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
> Audio: Realtek AC'97
>
> Thanks for any tips.
>
> --
> Turion64Laptop
> Acer Aspire 5002WMLi
> AMD Turion 64

Barb Bowman

http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...php/t8657.html may help

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP

=?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

Thanks, Barb. I found that thread very encouraging and helpful.

--
Turion64Laptop
Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

> http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...php/t8657.html may help
>
> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:38:02 -0800, "Turion64Laptop"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Hello.
> >
> >I've just acquired this laptop, and am interested in giving XP Pro x64 a
> >whirl. I have re-partitioned the drive to add a partition I can party on,
> >dual-boot-wise. I have downloaded the trial OS, but haven't installed it yet.
> >
> >Do any of these devices have XP64 drivers yet?
> >
> >Hard Drive: Toshiba MK1031GAS (100GB)
> >Display: SiS M760GX
> >DVD/CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N
> >Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard
> >Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
> >Modem: Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
> >Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
> >Audio: Realtek AC'97
> >
> >Thanks for any tips.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone Columnist

=?Utf-8?B?VHVyaW9uNjRMYXB0b3A=?=

Woo-hoo! I got it installed, with only 3 devices banged-out: Wireless LAN,
Audio, and the modem. The Ferrari 4000 drivers for the first two work fine,
but not for the modem. This may not be an issue, if I never use the modem.
Worst case, I'll boot into 32-bit XP for that.

Display is not perfect. The driver only goes up to 1280x768, while the
widescreen LCD is 1280x800. The image is sretched vertically, causing some
messy text in Windows Explorer, etc. Is there a solution for this?

I haven't tried any apps yet, but will soon, after I get all updates
applied, and some anti-virus installed...

--
Turion64Laptop
Acer Aspire 5002WMLi

"Turion64Laptop" wrote:

> Thanks, Barb. I found that thread very encouraging and helpful.
>
> --
> Turion64Laptop
> Acer Aspire 5002WMLi
> AMD Turion 64
>

> "Barb Bowman" wrote:
>
> > http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...php/t8657.html may help
> >
> > On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:38:02 -0800, "Turion64Laptop"
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> > >Hello.
> > >
> > >I've just acquired this laptop, and am interested in giving XP Pro x64 a
> > >whirl. I have re-partitioned the drive to add a partition I can party on,
> > >dual-boot-wise. I have downloaded the trial OS, but haven't installed it yet.
> > >
> > >Do any of these devices have XP64 drivers yet?
> > >
> > >Hard Drive: Toshiba MK1031GAS (100GB)
> > >Display: SiS M760GX
> > >DVD/CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GCA-4080N
> > >Keyboard: Standard 101/102-Key or MS Natural PS/2 Keyboard
> > >Mouse: Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
> > >Modem: Agere Systems AC'97 Modem
> > >Network Adapters: Broadcom 802.11g, SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet
> > >Audio: Realtek AC'97
> > >
> > >Thanks for any tips.

> > --
> >
> > Barb Bowman
> > MS Windows-MVP
> > Expert Zone Columnist
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> > http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

Barb Bowman

look around in the other Acer Notebook directories on the FTP site for
64 bit drivers and see if they match the banged devices.. Don't have
an answer on the display. Try planetamd64 for other drivers?

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 00:39:02 -0800, "Turion64Laptop"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Woo-hoo! I got it installed, with only 3 devices banged-out: Wireless LAN,
>Audio, and the modem. The Ferrari 4000 drivers for the first two work fine,
>but not for the modem. This may not be an issue, if I never use the modem.
>Worst case, I'll boot into 32-bit XP for that.
>
>Display is not perfect. The driver only goes up to 1280x768, while the
>widescreen LCD is 1280x800. The image is sretched vertically, causing some
>messy text in Windows Explorer, etc. Is there a solution for this?
>
>I haven't tried any apps yet, but will soon, after I get all updates
>applied, and some anti-virus installed...

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone Columnist

Colin Nowell

If you haven't already got it, you'll need to go here
http://www.sis.com/download/agreement.php?id=155868 and download the 64bit
version of the driver (64vga365.zip) for your display adaptor... (be aware
that you'll need to download an ActiveX control first which is the SiS
Download Manager)

Colin