Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Group Policy Management Console

Group Policy Management Console

=?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=

When I try to install the Group Policy Management Console I am told I need
..NET Framework. When I try to install it from

I get an error message saying "An error occurred while Windows INstaller was
initializing. Setup will now close."

Windows Installer has worked for anything else. Any ideas? Do I need a
specific version of these tools for x64?

=?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=

I believe I have version 2.0 of .NET x64 installed. So the problem is more
with the Group Policy Management tool.
Drew

"Drew" wrote:

> When I try to install the Group Policy Management Console I am told I need
> .NET Framework. When I try to install it from

> I get an error message saying "An error occurred while Windows INstaller was
> initializing. Setup will now close."
>
> Windows Installer has worked for anything else. Any ideas? Do I need a
> specific version of these tools for x64?

M. Murcek

You need the x64 version of the framework. Get it here:

"Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to install the Group Policy Management Console I am told I need
> .NET Framework. When I try to install it from

> I get an error message saying "An error occurred while Windows INstaller
> was
> initializing. Setup will now close."
>
> Windows Installer has worked for anything else. Any ideas? Do I need a
> specific version of these tools for x64?

Colin Barnhorst

And uninstall the beta if you already have that installed.

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ORmaysE$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need the x64 version of the framework. Get it here:

> "Drew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> When I try to install the Group Policy Management Console I am told I
>> need
>> .NET Framework. When I try to install it from

>> I get an error message saying "An error occurred while Windows INstaller
>> was
>> initializing. Setup will now close."
>>
>> Windows Installer has worked for anything else. Any ideas? Do I need a
>> specific version of these tools for x64?

=?Utf-8?B?RHJldw==?=

I have the x64 version from the link you provided. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Drew