Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Another Microsoft flub? I want Color Control! Free MS downloads - XP Powertoys?

Another Microsoft flub? I want Color Control! Free MS downloads - XP Powertoys?

wewa

Damn,

Now that it looks like Intellitype and Intellipoint is finally coming down
the pike, it seems there are more MS omissions!

Downloaded the applet and tried to install and then got error when
installing

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...orcontrol.mspx

This would be pretty handy for us for color work we do in Photo, Video and
DTP (Quark and Photoshop) on our LCD displays we want to color calibrate
with our Macbeth that doesn't work on x64!

Anybody use it? get it to work on x64?

Thanks!

P.S. Anybody know how many or which of these free MS downloads work on x64?
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...tID=1032279655

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I have noticed that add-ons such as these and the Power Toys do not get much
development resources from Microsoft. It seems its developed by MS Employees
on their own free time really. Probably won't see updates for these until
Vista or unless a vulnerability is found in them. I would suggest they move
them over to the Microsoft Plus! Team or the people developing Microsoft
Gadgets.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
news:%23OM1HHC$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Damn,
>
> Now that it looks like Intellitype and Intellipoint is finally coming down
> the pike, it seems there are more MS omissions!
>
> Downloaded the applet and tried to install and then got error when
> installing
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...orcontrol.mspx
>
> This would be pretty handy for us for color work we do in Photo, Video and
> DTP (Quark and Photoshop) on our LCD displays we want to color calibrate
> with our Macbeth that doesn't work on x64!
>
> Anybody use it? get it to work on x64?
>
> Thanks!
>
> P.S. Anybody know how many or which of these free MS downloads work on
> x64?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...tID=1032279655

fb

wewa wrote:
> Damn,
>
> Now that it looks like Intellitype and Intellipoint is finally coming down
> the pike, it seems there are more MS omissions!
>
> Downloaded the applet and tried to install and then got error when
> installing
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...orcontrol.mspx
>
> This would be pretty handy for us for color work we do in Photo, Video and
> DTP (Quark and Photoshop) on our LCD displays we want to color calibrate
> with our Macbeth that doesn't work on x64!
>
> Anybody use it? get it to work on x64?
>
> Thanks!
>
> P.S. Anybody know how many or which of these free MS downloads work on x64?
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...tID=1032279655

It appears to be (re)installing .net. So it's probably grabbing the
32bit .net which it trips over during install.
Frank