Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Intellitype/pro Finally on or before 1st Jan 2006

x64 Intellitype/pro Finally on or before 1st Jan 2006

Andrew Ahearne

Here's the source

http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

William Walker

I lose, you win.

I was wrong to tip these drivers not being released before vista comes out.
I thought Vista will make 64 bit computing more common, and i thought most
hardware vendors would wait until vista comes out before issuing 64 bit
drivers. But I was wrong.

I commend the people for taking up the fight to Microsoft to include x64
support, and I wish them all the best in trying the new software on xp x64 -
happy 64 bit computing and merry xmas & happy 2006. The people have proved
to me, that we should never give up on trying to make things a lot easier
for ourselves if we really want to, and anything is possible if we never
stop trying provided it is in the right manner and through the right
channels.

William Walker

"Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here's the source
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Credit should go to Charlie Russel on this, since he mentioned it about 2 to
3 months ago.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here's the source
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Charlie Russel - MVP

Well, credit actually goes to the folks in this newsgroup. You all made it
really easy for me to make my case to Microsoft and help them understand the
importance of this issue. Without the support and evidence that the folks
here gave me, I seriously doubt if we'd have seen drivers significantly
prior to Vista. But the new PM for XP x64 Edition, and his boss, both heard
you loud and clear. Darrell also made the case strongly from his side of the
fence.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Credit should go to Charlie Russel on this, since he mentioned it about 2
> to 3 months ago.
>
> "Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Here's the source
>>
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Piers James

let's hope that they include support for older keyboards. My Internet
Keyboard Pro, which isn't really that old a product, is not supported by the
most recent versions of IntelliType Pro, and I would be very disappointed to
find that it has been excluded from the x64 support.

"Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here's the source
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Credit to all of us then, Darrell and everyone at Microsoft for making this
become reality. I guess rants really work.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%23r6tbd1%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well, credit actually goes to the folks in this newsgroup. You all made it
> really easy for me to make my case to Microsoft and help them understand
> the importance of this issue. Without the support and evidence that the
> folks here gave me, I seriously doubt if we'd have seen drivers
> significantly prior to Vista. But the new PM for XP x64 Edition, and his
> boss, both heard you loud and clear. Darrell also made the case strongly
> from his side of the fence.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>> Credit should go to Charlie Russel on this, since he mentioned it about 2
>> to 3 months ago.
>>
>> "Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Here's the source
>>>
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Andrew Ahearne

Ok so what's next, MS give us desktop search and the media player toolbar,
rant rant rant. Kidding

news:Oenev81%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Credit to all of us then, Darrell and everyone at Microsoft for making
> this become reality. I guess rants really work.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:%23r6tbd1%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well, credit actually goes to the folks in this newsgroup. You all made
>> it really easy for me to make my case to Microsoft and help them
>> understand the importance of this issue. Without the support and evidence
>> that the folks here gave me, I seriously doubt if we'd have seen drivers
>> significantly prior to Vista. But the new PM for XP x64 Edition, and his
>> boss, both heard you loud and clear. Darrell also made the case strongly
>> from his side of the fence.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
>>> Credit should go to Charlie Russel on this, since he mentioned it about
>>> 2
>>> to 3 months ago.
>>>
>>> "Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OioSqjx%(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Lets hope so, but pretty much unlikely with Vista in development.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Andrew Ahearne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e6V5JG2%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok so what's next, MS give us desktop search and the media player toolbar,
> rant rant rant. Kidding

> news:Oenev81%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Credit to all of us then, Darrell and everyone at Microsoft for making
>> this become reality. I guess rants really work.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

>> news:%23r6tbd1%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Well, credit actually goes to the folks in this newsgroup. You all made
>>> it really easy for me to make my case to Microsoft and help them
>>> understand the importance of this issue. Without the support and
>>> evidence that the folks here gave me, I seriously doubt if we'd have
>>> seen drivers significantly prior to Vista. But the new PM for XP x64
>>> Edition, and his boss, both heard you loud and clear. Darrell also made
>>> the case strongly from his side of the fence.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Mark Gillespie

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 10:28:02 -0000, Andrew Ahearne
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Here's the source
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/scarbones_blog...07/500859.aspx

Good news for all of us that thought buying Microsoft hardware meant
better software support....

Neal

Sweet. That is so nice to hear. After this I will be just down to my
Logitech Web cam for not having drivers.