Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > PerfectDisk 7.0 for x64

PerfectDisk 7.0 for x64

Rick

I just got a news letter from Raxco about an update to PerfectDisk 7.0
that also works on Win x64. You have to call to get the link for the
full install download, if you have previously purchased version 7,
because the you can;t install what you have now in x64. You need a full
install version with Build 46.

When I installed it in x64, I received a WinInstaller error. The first
time I canceled the installation. I ran it again, got the same message,
but this time select the "debug" option. Suprisingly the install then
finished.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Installed clean and without issues on my Ferrari. I've been waiting for this
for a while and am really glad to have it. PD is an excellent product.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Rick wrote:
> I just got a news letter from Raxco about an update to PerfectDisk 7.0
> that also works on Win x64. You have to call to get the link for the
> full install download, if you have previously purchased version 7,
> because the you can;t install what you have now in x64. You need a full
> install version with Build 46.
>
> When I installed it in x64, I received a WinInstaller error. The first
> time I canceled the installation. I ran it again, got the same message,
> but this time select the "debug" option. Suprisingly the install then
> finished.

Barb Bowman

<AOL>me too </AOL>

just got the x64 installed on my vr000000000m too

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:38:42 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Installed clean and without issues on my Ferrari. I've been waiting for this
>for a while and am really glad to have it. PD is an excellent product.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone Columnist

Charlie Russel - MVP

I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back on
my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.

Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Barb Bowman wrote:
> <AOL>me too </AOL>
>
> just got the x64 installed on my vr000000000m too
>
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:38:42 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Installed clean and without issues on my Ferrari. I've been waiting for
>> this for a while and am really glad to have it. PD is an excellent
>> product.

Dominic Payer

30 day trialware is available at http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

news:uy%23CKVr%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back
> on my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.
>
> Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Barb Bowman wrote:
>> <AOL>me too </AOL>
>>
>> just got the x64 installed on my vr000000000m too
>>
>> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 13:38:42 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> Installed clean and without issues on my Ferrari. I've been waiting for
>>> this for a while and am really glad to have it. PD is an excellent
>>> product.

Dennis Gordon

I'm downloading it now, based on these enthusiastic recommendations. I used
to do Diskkeeper, but gave it up around v8. It crashed too often and seemed
too busy. I've been using DIRMS for the past coupla years. I like its
barebones command line environment, and it works faster than anything else
I've used... and it's free.

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uzR7Xfr%(E-Mail Removed)...
> 30 day trialware is available at
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

> news:uy%23CKVr%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back
>> on my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.
>>
>> Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Barb Bowman wrote:
>>> <AOL>me too </AOL>
>>>
>>> just got the x64 installed on my vr000000000m too

Charlie Russel - MVP

Just make sure it's Build 46. The older ones don't work.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Dominic Payer wrote:
> 30 day trialware is available at
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

> news:uy%23CKVr%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back
>> on my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.
>>
>> Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Barb Bowman wrote:
>>> <AOL>me too </AOL>
>>>
>>> just got the x64 installed on my vr000000000m too

Charlie Russel - MVP

I've used it on my servers for years, running happily away in the background
spiffing stuff up every couple of nights. Even use it to do Exchange defrags
weekly. That can be a bit resource intensive on an SBS server.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Dennis Gordon wrote:
> I'm downloading it now, based on these enthusiastic recommendations. I
> used to do Diskkeeper, but gave it up around v8. It crashed too often and
> seemed too busy. I've been using DIRMS for the past coupla years. I like
> its barebones command line environment, and it works faster than anything
> else I've used... and it's free.
>

> "Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uzR7Xfr%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> 30 day trialware is available at
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

>> news:uy%23CKVr%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back
>>> on my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.
>>>
>>> Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Dennis Gordon

Yep, it's build 46. It seems to be doing okay, but like Diskkeeper it's
taking about 8 times as long as DIRMS to do its thing. Presumably that's
because of it's advanced optimization features; but it's been 20 minutes to
get 21% though an optimization of an 18G SCSI disk that I've regularly
defragged before. I guess it's just doing a more thorough job than DIRMS.

news:OZOE8es%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just make sure it's Build 46. The older ones don't work.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Dominic Payer wrote:
>> 30 day trialware is available at
>> http://www.majorgeeks.com/download268.html

>> news:uy%23CKVr%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I've been running it for several days now, and it's nice to have it back
>>> on my machines. Keeps that vr0000000mm happening at full speed.
>>>
>>> Blogged it, btw. Good software deserves a plug.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Charlie Russel - MVP

The first time through, it will take a while. Because of the way PD works,
it not only defrags, but optimizes where files are located on the disk,
based on how frequently they're modified. That first time through can be a
bit painful

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64