Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Virtual Server 2005 R2 x64 Trial

Virtual Server 2005 R2 x64 Trial

wewa

I downloaded it adn tried to install on my x64 machine.
It says I need IIS running.
What now?

news:Oyj45Gn%(E-Mail Removed)...
> x64 Version
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>
> x86 Version
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>
> More information about Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Colin Barnhorst

Start IIS, of course. You may need to install it first. It is on the xp cd
and the easiest way to find it is to open Add/Remove Programs, click on
Add/Remove Windows Components, and then check the box for IIS. You will
have to look a bit but it is there. Click OK and the system will ask for
the XP x64 cd when it needs it.

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
news:OQMgvZE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I downloaded it adn tried to install on my x64 machine.
> It says I need IIS running.
> What now?

> news:Oyj45Gn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> x64 Version
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>
>> x86 Version
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>
>> More information about Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

Charlie Russel - MVP

So nice to see they didn't improve the installation experience for this
release.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Start IIS, of course. You may need to install it first. It is on the xp
> cd and the easiest way to find it is to open Add/Remove Programs, click on
> Add/Remove Windows Components, and then check the box for IIS. You will
> have to look a bit but it is there. Click OK and the system will ask for
> the XP x64 cd when it needs it.
>
>> I downloaded it adn tried to install on my x64 machine.
>> It says I need IIS running.
>> What now?

>> news:Oyj45Gn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> x64 Version
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>>
>>> x86 Version
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>>
>>> More information about Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
>>> --
>>> Andre

wewa

Doh!

I should have realized that!
Its been awhile since I've had to mess with 'Windows Components'.

I now has VSR2 duly installed.

Thanks!

news:u17SY1E$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Start IIS, of course. You may need to install it first. It is on the xp
> cd and the easiest way to find it is to open Add/Remove Programs, click on
> Add/Remove Windows Components, and then check the box for IIS. You will
> have to look a bit but it is there. Click OK and the system will ask for
> the XP x64 cd when it needs it.

> "wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
> news:OQMgvZE$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I downloaded it adn tried to install on my x64 machine.
>> It says I need IIS running.
>> What now?

>> news:Oyj45Gn%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> x64 Version
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>>
>>> x86 Version
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den
>>>
>>> More information about Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
>>> --
>>> Andre

Colin Barnhorst