Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dual Boot for Windows 2000 server and Windows XP x64

Dual Boot for Windows 2000 server and Windows XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?Z25zdXJlc2g=?=

Hi,

CPU : AMD ATHLON 64 3200 +
MB : MSI K8N NEO4

I installed windows 2000 Advanced server in my system on SATA HDD.

Then I wanted to install windows XP x64 as dual operating system.

When i inserted the windows xp x64 CD, when windows 2000 server is up and
running. It given a message that "Installation must be done only be rebooting
the machine and booting with the CD."

Then i installed Windows XP x64 on another ATA HDD.

Now i am using both operating systems by changing the booting sequence in
BIOS.

How to make dual boot for the Windows 2000 advanced server and windows xp
x64 , which are installed on two differerent HDD.

Please help me

John Barnes

With both drives connected when you installed x64, you should have access to
both systems, unless you changed boot order. Go into recovery console on
the x64 disk and when you get to select system to boot from, there should be
3 (one should be the CD with no administrator password). Select any one you
know the password for, at the command prompt use bootcfg /rebuild you
can do map before to see if both systems are recognized.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...