Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can't get internet to connect.

Can't get internet to connect.

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB. The
green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light flickers
on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any suggestions?

Colin Barnhorst

Install a 64-bit driver for the NIC.

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB. The
> green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light
> flickers
> on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any
> suggestions?

Rob Wilkens

Might have to download a new ethernet driver -- maybe it's on your
motherboard's drivers cd or on website for same.

-Rob
"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB. The
> green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light
> flickers
> on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any
> suggestions?

Michael

Do you have a cable or DSL router set to filter for MAC addresses or
restricted access to the Internet.

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB. The
> green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light
> flickers
> on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any
> suggestions?

Rob Wilkens

Ah, or for that matter -- do you have a cable modem.

Most cable modems I work with (admittedly only 3-4 of them, including a
terayon, a motorola, and another one I forget the brand on [wasn't mine])--
when switching MAC addresses, required you to unplug them for thirty seconds
or more before it will accept a new mac address.

-Rob

news:uIQ7EXW%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have a cable or DSL router set to filter for MAC addresses or
> restricted access to the Internet.
>

> "dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Using 64-bit Pro, AMD X2 4200, XFX7800GT video card, Abit AN8Ultra MB.
>> The
>> green light is on on the back of the computer, and the orange light
>> flickers
>> on and off. Windows doesn't acknoledge a connection exsists. Any
>> suggestions?

Mike Gleason Jr Couturier

> when switching MAC addresses, required you to unplug them for thirty
seconds
> or more before it will accept a new mac address.

With mine, I must disconnect it and reconnect it (AC plug)
whenever I plug the network cable in.... (That don't
happens often I must say).