Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is my evaluation copy beta or trial (see info)?

Reply
Thread Tools

Is my evaluation copy beta or trial (see info)?

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005

My copy says:

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1, v.1069)

Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my disk?

Thank you--
NMG
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005
You can upgrade it but its major NO NO, do a clean install instead, back up
any data you created on it then format the hard disk and do clean install.
Upgrades from betas are also not supported, since significant changes occurr
between the beta and the RTM which can make it difficult to diagnose
problems you might encounter with applications or hardware devices,
especially for a build such as 1069.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> My copy says:
>
> Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
> Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1,
> v.1069)
>
> Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my
> disk?
>
> Thank you--
> NMG



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Tk1HLUNU?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005

Thanks Andre. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's good to know how
to proceed.

Best,
NMG

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> You can upgrade it but its major NO NO, do a clean install instead, back up
> any data you created on it then format the hard disk and do clean install.
> Upgrades from betas are also not supported, since significant changes occurr
> between the beta and the RTM which can make it difficult to diagnose
> problems you might encounter with applications or hardware devices,
> especially for a build such as 1069.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>
> "NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > My copy says:
> >
> > Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
> > Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1,
> > v.1069)
> >
> > Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my
> > disk?
> >
> > Thank you--
> > NMG

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-03-2005
Yeah, its not what you were hoping for, but its better in the long term.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Thanks Andre. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's good to know how
> to proceed.
>
> Best,
> NMG
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> You can upgrade it but its major NO NO, do a clean install instead, back
>> up
>> any data you created on it then format the hard disk and do clean
>> install.
>> Upgrades from betas are also not supported, since significant changes
>> occurr
>> between the beta and the RTM which can make it difficult to diagnose
>> problems you might encounter with applications or hardware devices,
>> especially for a build such as 1069.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>> http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>> "NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >
>> > My copy says:
>> >
>> > Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
>> > Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1,
>> > v.1069)
>> >
>> > Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my
>> > disk?
>> >
>> > Thank you--
>> > NMG

>>
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Default User
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-06-2005
Build 1069 of WINXP64 Edition is Beta 1 of WINXP64 Edition, just FYI.

"NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> My copy says:
>
> Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
> Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1,
> v.1069)
>
> Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my
> disk?
>
> Thank you--
> NMG


 
Reply With Quote
 
Gregg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-07-2005
Yes, it will upgrade and retain your settings just fine.


"Default User" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Build 1069 of WINXP64 Edition is Beta 1 of WINXP64 Edition, just FYI.
>
> "NMG-CT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> My copy says:
>>
>> Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
>> Evaluation copy. Build 3790.srv03_spbeta.030905-1850 (Service Pack 1,
>> v.1069)
>>
>> Can this be upgraded with the full install CD or will I need to wipe my
>> disk?
>>
>> Thank you--
>> NMG

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to upgrade trial version to non-trial version w/o formatting =?Utf-8?B?WFB4NjQ=?= Windows 64bit 2 02-22-2007 06:27 AM
Trial version: 120 day evaluation period =?Utf-8?B?TWFnZXdlYXZl?= Windows 64bit 3 05-17-2005 12:08 PM
[EVALUATION] - E03 - jamLang Evaluation Case Applied to Python Ilias Lazaridis Python 2 04-24-2005 05:29 PM
[EVALUATION] - E04 - jamPersist Evaluation Case Applied to Ruby Ilias Lazaridis Ruby 18 04-09-2005 04:45 PM
[EVALUATION] - E03 - jamLang Evaluation Case Applied to Ruby Ilias Lazaridis Ruby 74 04-04-2005 05:29 PM



Advertisments