Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > I want my real player

I want my real player

Rob Wilkens

Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
install on 64-bit windows.

Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be stuck
with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.

-Rob

Gato Loco

Real Alternative will install on x64. It will play rm and ram format
and has streaming capabilities etc.

gl

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:31:36 -0500, "Rob Wilkens" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
>install on 64-bit windows.
>
>Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be stuck
>with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>
>-Rob

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

In the mean time, try this alternative:
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...lternative.cfm
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Rob Wilkens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
> install on 64-bit windows.
>
> Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be
> stuck with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>
> -Rob

David Scheidt

The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
- David Scheidt

Rob Wilkens wrote:
> Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
> install on 64-bit windows.
>
> Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be stuck
> with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>
> -Rob

Colin Barnhorst

Great. What is the version number?

"David Scheidt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
> - David Scheidt
>
> Rob Wilkens wrote:
>> Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
>> install on 64-bit windows.
>>
>> Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be
>> stuck with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>>
>> -Rob

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

While you are at it, post the link here.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"David Scheidt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
> - David Scheidt
>
> Rob Wilkens wrote:
>> Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
>> install on 64-bit windows.
>>
>> Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be
>> stuck with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>>
>> -Rob

Wm D. Christensen

I installed from here last week.
http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde6...type=dlrhap_bb
Clicked on run, downloaded and installed.

Hope this helps

Bill
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While you are at it, post the link here.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "David Scheidt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
>> - David Scheidt
>>
>> Rob Wilkens wrote:
>>> Anyone interested in trying to petition real to allow the real player to
>>> install on 64-bit windows.
>>>
>>> Let's face it, the computer world is more than just windows, and to be
>>> stuck with a windows-only media player is ludicrous.
>>>
>>> -Rob

Colin Barnhorst

Thanks.

"Wm D. Christensen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed from here last week.
> http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde6...type=dlrhap_bb
> Clicked on run, downloaded and installed.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Bill
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While you are at it, post the link here.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "David Scheidt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
>>> - David Scheidt

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thank you.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Wm D. Christensen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed from here last week.
> http://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde6...type=dlrhap_bb
> Clicked on run, downloaded and installed.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Bill
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While you are at it, post the link here.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "David Scheidt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The latest version installs on Windows x64 just fine...
>>> - David Scheidt

Charlie Russel - MVP

Well, let me know how badly it mucks up your system. I used to be a firm
believer in Real, and then when they started trying to force you into a
subscription (THAT will be the day!), and it kept crashing my machine, I
gave up on them as a bad idea all the way around. I'd be happy to hear that
they'd improved.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64