Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Rename a computer xp64 in a Domain

Rename a computer xp64 in a Domain

Roberto Hernández

When I try to rename a computer in a domain the following error don let me
do it:
"Multiple connections to a server or shared resurce by the same user, using
more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connection
to the server or chared resurce and try again."

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Disconnect from the domain then rename the computer and connect back
again.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Roberto Hernández" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to rename a computer in a domain the following error don let me
> do it:
> "Multiple connections to a server or shared resurce by the same user,
> using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous
> connection to the server or chared resurce and try again."

Charlie Russel - MVP

Make sure you don't have any mapped drives, or printers, and then do the
rename. Or, even cleaner, remove the machine from the domain and join it to
a workgroup, rename it, and join it back to the domain.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64