Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Freeze..

x64 Freeze..

John Barnes

But you need the 64-bit version and at least my MOBO CD only had the 32-bit
version.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.

> "Oded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for the ideas everyone.
>> I am sorry report that i am still at a loss - the ram seems to be ok
>> according to MS RAM test, and the rest pretty much checks out too -
>> although
>> i wasn't able to run PCProbe (i suspect it doesnt support x64 just yet)..
>> As
>> for changes in drivers - I installed x64 about 3 days ago - ALL I've been
>> doing is changing drivers..
>> well, i guess i'll just see how it goes and if it gets worse perhaps me
>> and
>> the x64 will part ways for a little while..
>>

>> "Mercury" wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like a hardware issue to me since Windows will BSOD given a
>>> chance
>>> and tell you what is wrong if it were software or some hardware issues.
>>>
>>> Try running memtest86 to verify RAM is OK - overnight is a good idea. 1
>>> or
>>> more errors indicate that you either have faulty RAM, or RAM timing
>>> setttings in BIOS, incompatible RAM etc. Do not expect any OS to work if
>>> you
>>> get RAM Errors.
>>>
>>> Try a Knoppix or BartPE CD to eliminate other sources EG HDD, cables,
>>> etc.
>>>

>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%233$(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

Why do you need a 64-bit version?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you need the 64-bit version and at least my MOBO CD only had the
> 32-bit version.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.
>>
>> --
>> "Oded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks for the ideas everyone.
>>> I am sorry report that i am still at a loss - the ram seems to be ok
>>> according to MS RAM test, and the rest pretty much checks out too -
>>> although
>>> i wasn't able to run PCProbe (i suspect it doesnt support x64 just
>>> yet).. As
>>> for changes in drivers - I installed x64 about 3 days ago - ALL I've
>>> been
>>> doing is changing drivers..
>>> well, i guess i'll just see how it goes and if it gets worse perhaps me
>>> and
>>> the x64 will part ways for a little while..

John Barnes

I don't have any idea. Just know the one on the CD wouldn't work and they
have a 64-bit version on the website that installs and works.

Probe_64bit.zip

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do you need a 64-bit version?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> But you need the 64-bit version and at least my MOBO CD only had the
>> 32-bit version.

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Oded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Didn't mean to be short in my first response, but my chipset fan is failing
and until ASUS gets off their arse and gets the new one to me, sometimes
when probe shows 0 rpm I get off rapidly. The graph of the fan speed is
like an oscillator except the sharp dives to 0

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why do you need a 64-bit version?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> But you need the 64-bit version and at least my MOBO CD only had the
>> 32-bit version.

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Oded" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

as it does here, which is why I suggested it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.
>
>> Thanks for the ideas everyone.
>> I am sorry report that i am still at a loss - the ram seems to be ok
>> according to MS RAM test, and the rest pretty much checks out too -
>> although
>> i wasn't able to run PCProbe (i suspect it doesnt support x64 just yet)..
>> As
>> for changes in drivers - I installed x64 about 3 days ago - ALL I've been
>> doing is changing drivers..
>> well, i guess i'll just see how it goes and if it gets worse perhaps me
>> and
>> the x64 will part ways for a little while..
>>

>> "Mercury" wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like a hardware issue to me since Windows will BSOD given a
>>> chance and tell you what is wrong if it were software or some hardware
>>> issues. Try running memtest86 to verify RAM is OK - overnight is a good
>>> idea. 1
>>> or
>>> more errors indicate that you either have faulty RAM, or RAM timing
>>> setttings in BIOS, incompatible RAM etc. Do not expect any OS to work if
>>> you
>>> get RAM Errors.
>>>
>>> Try a Knoppix or BartPE CD to eliminate other sources EG HDD, cables,
>>> etc.
>>>

>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%233$(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Works fine here too, just the one on the mobo CD works fine on x86 and the
one from the website (probe_64bit.zip) work great on x64.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> as it does here, which is why I suggested it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.
>>
>>> Thanks for the ideas everyone.
>>> I am sorry report that i am still at a loss - the ram seems to be ok
>>> according to MS RAM test, and the rest pretty much checks out too -
>>> although
>>> i wasn't able to run PCProbe (i suspect it doesnt support x64 just
>>> yet)..
>>> As
>>> for changes in drivers - I installed x64 about 3 days ago - ALL I've
>>> been
>>> doing is changing drivers..
>>> well, i guess i'll just see how it goes and if it gets worse perhaps me
>>> and
>>> the x64 will part ways for a little while..

Charlie Russel - MVP

Rule #1. Download the correct, 64-bit, versions of utilities, drivers, etc.,
from your mobo or other mfg BEFORE YOU START.
Rule #2: See rule #1.
Rule #3: See rule #1.
Rule #... you get the picture.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

John Barnes wrote:
> Works fine here too, just the one on the mobo CD works fine on x86 and the
> one from the website (probe_64bit.zip) work great on x64.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> as it does here, which is why I suggested it.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>>> Asus PCProbe runs fine on my x64 machine.

John Barnes

It was not available when I installed my board. The 64-bit version was
posted a couple of months after I had x64 installed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rule #1. Download the correct, 64-bit, versions of utilities, drivers,
> etc., from your mobo or other mfg BEFORE YOU START.
> Rule #2: See rule #1.
> Rule #3: See rule #1.
> Rule #... you get the picture.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> John Barnes wrote:
>> Works fine here too, just the one on the mobo CD works fine on x86 and
>> the
>> one from the website (probe_64bit.zip) work great on x64.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> as it does here, which is why I suggested it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Dennis Pack

I have to agree with John. Asus didn't have a x64 version available, I was
using "Motherboard Monitor" because it had a beta version that was
compatable.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It was not available when I installed my board. The 64-bit version was
> posted a couple of months after I had x64 installed.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Rule #1. Download the correct, 64-bit, versions of utilities, drivers,
>> etc., from your mobo or other mfg BEFORE YOU START.
>> Rule #2: See rule #1.
>> Rule #3: See rule #1.
>> Rule #... you get the picture.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> John Barnes wrote:
>>> Works fine here too, just the one on the mobo CD works fine on x86 and
>>> the
>>> one from the website (probe_64bit.zip) work great on x64.
>>>

>>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

J. Eric Durbin

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:21:42 -0500, "Dennis Pack"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have to agree with John. Asus didn't have a x64 version available, I was
>using "Motherboard Monitor" because it had a beta version that was
>compatable.

Which beta version of Motherboard Monitor is that? I understood that
MBM hadn't been under development for the last couple of years.