Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > RE: Column: Exploring Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

RE: Column: Exploring Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

=?Utf-8?B?RmFzdG1hbg==?=

Warpsix,
Stupid I am, Santa Clause I ain't.<s>
--=Fastman=--

"warpsix" wrote:

> Fastman wrote:
> > Colin-
> > For reasons I won't go into, unless the doctors are wrong, yes, this will be
> > my last build.
> > I wanted to build a state of the art box that I can use to do some new
> > things, as I am retiring from my business in a short while, and my computers
> > are my only real joys in life.
> >
> > So removed 2 GB of RAM, but te computer still shows 2.75 GB of RAM, so I
> > will remove another stick, leaving me with 3 GB, and the system will still
> > show 2.75.
> > I am advised that upgrading to XP 64 bit, unless I want to use this box as a
> > server, is pointless.
> > I won't be setting up any severs, so I suppose they are right. They say
> > that all I will ever need is 2 GB of RAM.
> >
> > I tried adding a 1 GB of the RAM to my Asus mobo, and it only boots up
> > faster. Sandra tells me that I need to flash the bios, but hey, even then,
> > it won't accept anymore RAM.
> >
> > So I have a (4) 1 GB sticks of Corair registered RAM left over, no big deal.
> > Maybe I can return them to egg...maybe not.
> > I guess I could e-Bay them, but that's too much work and RAM isn't a big
> > sell on e-Bay.
> >
> > I do happen to have another brand new mobo....and maybe I can build a simple
> > computer and give it to a needy kid.
> >
> > Or? Heck, I don't know....anybody here need any RAM? Cheap? Hahahaha!
> >
> > In any event, I gave it my best shot. Guess I just lost my head when the
> > Tyan mobo said it supported up to 16 GB's of RAM.
> > In any event, thanks for all you kind help.
> > --=Fastman=--
> > http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> >

> > "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
> >

> >>I am 63 and doubt this will be your last build any more than my dual core
> >>AMD64 4400+ will be mine.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Colin Barnhorst [MVP Windows - Virtual Machine]
> >>(Reply to the group only unless otherwise requested)
> >>"Fastman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> if your playing santa this year put me down for 1 or 2 of those sticks
> of ram and by the way i hope your doctors are wrong, mine were not.

John Barnes

What part no is your Corsair memory?