Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Google Desktop Search: now installs!

Reply
Thread Tools

Google Desktop Search: now installs!

 
 
mikedepetris@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-24-2005
I've just installed it on an XP64 system! Indexing started!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2005
Yes, it works. I was running it for a while, but finally gave it up as a bad
thing -- Serious system slowdown!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I've just installed it on an XP64 system! Indexing started!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rob Wilkens
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2005
Mine was running fine (on 32-bit windows) for a while and all of a sudden
came to a crawl one day (the whole system) until I uninstalled it.

64-bit windows, google desktop has been humming along quietly.

-Rob

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, it works. I was running it for a while, but finally gave it up as a
> bad thing -- Serious system slowdown!
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I've just installed it on an XP64 system! Indexing started!

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-25-2005
Wouldn't know how it runs in 32-bit -- I haven't booted into 32-bit in
months

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Rob Wilkens wrote:
> Mine was running fine (on 32-bit windows) for a while and all of a sudden
> came to a crawl one day (the whole system) until I uninstalled it.
>
> 64-bit windows, google desktop has been humming along quietly.
>
> -Rob
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yes, it works. I was running it for a while, but finally gave it up as a
>> bad thing -- Serious system slowdown!
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> I've just installed it on an XP64 system! Indexing started!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Indexing services under Windows XP SP2 - Can I disable MS Indexing Service to hasten Google's OR does Google Desktop uses this MS Indexing Service? ricardodefaria Computer Support 6 08-05-2007 04:14 AM
Desktop can see Laptop, but Laptop can't see Desktop! Plomaris Wireless Networking 3 02-17-2006 01:41 PM
Can't access laptop from desktop, but can access desktop from lapt =?Utf-8?B?Y2FydG1hbg==?= Wireless Networking 2 08-06-2005 01:08 AM
Desktop can't access Laptop but Laptop can access desktop =?Utf-8?B?Qmx1Y2FkZHk3MQ==?= Wireless Networking 2 11-23-2004 01:52 AM
Difference between Remote Desktop and Remote Desktop for Admin Dave Marden MCSE 16 01-24-2004 12:47 PM



Advertisments