Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > dual boot problems x64, xp

dual boot problems x64, xp

Charlie Russel - MVP

yes, if the controller is a RAID controller. Which a lot of mobos have these
days.

0x7b is inaccessible boot device. If you can load the system in text mode,
but then it blue screens at GUI, there's a problem with Plug and Play.

See my blogs on F6, please. Specifically:

For details on the different modes for storage driver load during setup, and
why you care:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../25/59560.aspx

For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../11/52162.aspx

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> thank you for input but, the boot drive is an IDE drive. the SATA II
> drives I dissconnected to eliminate them as a variable. This may be
> dumb but do IDE drives ever need drivers?

=?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgV29kYnk=?=

Hey- i have been experimenting alot with sata hard drives lately and have
tried to install x64 and xp pro dual boot myself. The first problem i had
with my harddrives is that the motherboard settings for advanced peripherals
was wrong. When you are on the screen to enable onbard SATA there should be
an option for the SATA type, either IDE or RAID. Select the IDE type if you
are not setup on raid or just have one SATA hard drive. Not sure if that's
your problem but it was my first.