Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit to 32 bit

64 bit to 32 bit

Colin Barnhorst

Yes, Virtual Server 2005 R2 runs on x64 (Server and XP) operating systems.
VSR2 just went to manufacturing but is not yet available in stores. It
should be in a few weeks. The copies at MicroCenter are very likely to be
the first edition which does not run on x64 systems. I understand the new
edition will have a big red "R2" proximately displayed.

When VSR2 is available in a few weeks, the trial version should also become
available for download. Right now it is the first edition.

Having said all of that, I don't see how Virtual Server 2005 R2 can solve
any device driver issues for you since the problem is with the host
operating system in the first place.

If this were all about your own computer you could decide whether or not to
mess with workarounds. But I don't recommend you get overinvolved with
someone else's system. Just fix it up so the other person's system is
running in the most straightforward way possible to just get their work
done. Then move on.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...