Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Print Spoolers

Print Spoolers

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

I have Windows 2K3 Server SP1 installed. However, I have a problem with my
spooler. The spooler shutdowns adnormally from time to time. This problem has
been communicated to Microsoft and their advise is to what for the next
release as they have a solution for that problem. Release date at present is
unknown.

As a possible workaround, I would like to create a batch file that would
allow an print operator to execute. All I want to do is to shutdown and
restart spooler.

Is their a way that I can acheive this?

Charlie Russel - MVP

net stop "Print Spooler"
net start "Print Spooler"

Of course, this has nothing to do with 64-bits, but we're still happy to
help.

Your print operator will need specific permissions to allow him to stop and
start a service, of course.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Ken wrote:
> I have Windows 2K3 Server SP1 installed. However, I have a problem with my
> spooler. The spooler shutdowns adnormally from time to time. This problem
> has been communicated to Microsoft and their advise is to what for the
> next release as they have a solution for that problem. Release date at
> present is unknown.
>
> As a possible workaround, I would like to create a batch file that would
> allow an print operator to execute. All I want to do is to shutdown and
> restart spooler.
>
> Is their a way that I can acheive this?

=?Utf-8?B?S2Vu?=

Thanks.... I realised my error