Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > install

install

Dennis Pack

Andre:

I found an oddity on the Asus driver disk. If you open the disk
in x86 the only F6 disk will be 32-bit. The disk has to be opened in x64 to
copy the F6 disk. I was lucky that I had the FX-51 machine with x64 when I
was building the A8N-E board. That F6 disk had the catalog file missing so I've
been using the F6 disk from "planetamd64.com" ever since when changing or
rebuilding the system.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sounds like you have exhausted all avenues. Asus is the best source for
> drivers, have you contacted them about the issue. Sorry, I am just going
> regurgitate what Charlie wrote:
> ASUS is your source for drivers for ASUS motherboards. That won't change.
> You have the option of checking the site for the particular chipset mfg
> for
> this RAID controller. And you can check www.planetamd64.com. But ASUS has
> actually been pretty good about providing drivers as they become
> available.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "kevin210148" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>

>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>>> This is a bit confusing, are you saying, that Windows told it self that
>>> it
>>> "did not pass windows logo testing" or are referring to another peace of
>>> software or device driver, could you list name of this device driver or
>>> software application that you got this error from? I suspect you are
>>> referring to a device thats either installed or connected you your
>>> computer
>>> that XP Pro x64 has detected as not passing Windows logo testing for
>>> Windows
>>> x64.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "kevin210148" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Or download the driver directly and copy to floppy. It's true, the ASUS CD
tries to be "smart" about what it offers you. This is a case where that does
NOT help. Go directly to the web site for the drivers.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64