Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Updater

Windows Updater

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to install
or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error message that
Updater isn't running.

Any ideas?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Open the Services applet and check that the Windows Updater isn't disabled.
If it is, set it to manual, and you should be able to update.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Jim Sinclair wrote:
> Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to
> install or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error
> message that Updater isn't running.
>
> Any ideas?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Have you installed the latest version of Windows Installer 3.1 to see if it
will possibly fix this issue?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Jim Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to
> install
> or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error message that
> Updater isn't running.
>
> Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

That fixed one of my problems. Thanks! Please see my correction to
Charlie's reply.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Have you installed the latest version of Windows Installer 3.1 to see if it
> will possibly fix this issue?
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Jim Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to
> > install
> > or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error message that
> > Updater isn't running.
> >
> > Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?SmltIFNpbmNsYWly?=

Man! I need to be more awake when I post. I had two different problems, and
mixed them up. The updater problem has been fixed.

My other porblem is with Windows "Installer". msconfig shows that it is
running, but when I try to uninstall a program, I get an error saying that
Installer either is not running, or not installed.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Open the Services applet and check that the Windows Updater isn't disabled.
> If it is, set it to manual, and you should be able to update.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Jim Sinclair wrote:
> > Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to
> > install or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error
> > message that Updater isn't running.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Lenard Lund

This only appears to be for Win 2000 and Xp 32 not X64 Edition and
giuves this app is for a different platform.

Jim Sinclair wrote:
> That fixed one of my problems. Thanks! Please see my correction to
> Charlie's reply.
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>

>>Have you installed the latest version of Windows Installer 3.1 to see if it
>>will possibly fix this issue?
>>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
>>--
>>Andre
>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>
>>"Jim Sinclair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Something has happened to my Windows Updater. Any updates I try to
>>>install
>>>or programs I try to uninstall won't run. I get the error message that
>>>Updater isn't running.
>>>
>>>Any ideas?

Lenard Lund

OOPS!!! Upon further review I choose the wrong file the correct one
worked fine.