Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Virus Protection for X64

Virus Protection for X64

=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't install,
or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST! v4.6
Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs. So
do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that you
will pick up a virus.
--
the Wizard

Dennis Gordon

I would have tried Avast, but I really like NOD32. I even paid for it (okay,
the company paid for it)...

"kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't
> install,
> or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST!
> v4.6
> Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs.
> So
> do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that
> you
> will pick up a virus.
> --
> the Wizard

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

AVG, NOD 32 are also compatible.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't
> install,
> or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST!
> v4.6
> Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs.
> So
> do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that
> you
> will pick up a virus.
> --
> the Wizard

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I'm with you.
Avast 4.6 rocks!
Carlos

"kingtut" wrote:

> FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't install,
> or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST! v4.6
> Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs. So
> do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that you
> will pick up a virus.
> --
> the Wizard

=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3R1dA==?=

Great Dennis, guess there are two that work. I'll have to look at NOD32 and
see if I like it. As for now, the Avast is really a nice program, verbal
notifications on updates and viruses found. Put it on my wifes XP Home
edition replacing Norton and it picked up one it missed.
--
the Wizard

"Dennis Gordon" wrote:

> I would have tried Avast, but I really like NOD32. I even paid for it (okay,
> the company paid for it)...
>
> "kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't
> > install,
> > or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST!
> > v4.6
> > Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs.
> > So
> > do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that
> > you
> > will pick up a virus.
> > --
> > the Wizard

Colin Barnhorst

eTrust AV 7.1 is certified by CA on x64 and receives full support. I use it
and have no issues.

"kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Great Dennis, guess there are two that work. I'll have to look at NOD32
> and
> see if I like it. As for now, the Avast is really a nice program, verbal
> notifications on updates and viruses found. Put it on my wifes XP Home
> edition replacing Norton and it picked up one it missed.
> --
> the Wizard
>

> "Dennis Gordon" wrote:
>
>> I would have tried Avast, but I really like NOD32. I even paid for it
>> (okay,
>> the company paid for it)...
>>
>> "kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't
>> > install,
>> > or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST!
>> > v4.6
>> > Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial
>> > PCs.
>> > So
>> > do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying
>> > that
>> > you
>> > will pick up a virus.
>> > --
>> > the Wizard

=?Utf-8?B?RGlvbnRl?=

I use TrendMicro ver 7.2 and it works well

"kingtut" wrote:

> FYI, I have DL'd most virus software only to find they either won't install,
> or do not have real time protection. Fortunately I did find one, AVAST! v4.6
> Antivirus and better news it is FREE to home users and non commercial PCs. So
> do a search and DL the latest version register it and stop worrying that you
> will pick up a virus.
> --
> the Wizard

Rob Wilkens

Thanks, I downloaded it (It's free from my ISP, Cablevision - optonline.net)
and now have virus protection here in x64.

-rob

news:us7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> eTrust AV 7.1 is certified by CA on x64 and receives full support. I use
> it and have no issues.

> "kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Great Dennis, guess there are two that work. I'll have to look at NOD32
>> and
>> see if I like it. As for now, the Avast is really a nice program, verbal
>> notifications on updates and viruses found. Put it on my wifes XP Home
>> edition replacing Norton and it picked up one it missed.
>> --
>> the Wizard
>>

>> "Dennis Gordon" wrote:
>>
>>> I would have tried Avast, but I really like NOD32. I even paid for it
>>> (okay,
>>> the company paid for it)...
>>>
>>> "kingtut" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Barb Bowman

Are you sure it is eTrust and not EZTrust? They are two different
products from the same company.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP