Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win X64 CD donīt boot on AMD 64 System

Win X64 CD donīt boot on AMD 64 System

Olli Goessler

Hi,

i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32 System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64
System...".

On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from
HDD. The CD wouldn't boot up.
Anyone have i idea?

Many thanks,
Olli

Colin Barnhorst

Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the hdd?

"Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi,
>
> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32
> System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64 System...".
>
> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and
> after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The CD
> wouldn't boot up.
> Anyone have i idea?
>
> Many thanks,
> Olli

John Barnes

And 'hit any key', if requested to do so

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the
> hdd?

> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32
>> System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64 System...".
>>
>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and
>> after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The CD
>> wouldn't boot up.
>> Anyone have i idea?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Olli

Olli Goessler

Hi Colin,

shure, i set det bios ooption also to onlx boot from cdrom ....

And i tested the cd-rom drive from the other computer, but itīs always the same, shortly show BOOT from DC/DVD: and after it boots
from hdd .......

Bye
Olli

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the hdd?

> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32 System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64
>> System...".
>>
>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting
>> from HDD. The CD wouldn't boot up.
>> Anyone have i idea?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Olli

Olli Goessler

Hi John,

hit any key donīt shown, but i have tested with any keys in the shortly time between "BOOT from.." and the realy boot from hdd....

Bye
Olli

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> And 'hit any key', if requested to do so
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the hdd?
>>
>> --
>> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32 System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64
>>> System...".
>>>
>>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting
>>> from HDD. The CD wouldn't boot up.
>>> Anyone have i idea?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Olli

Mirko

Can you tell if the computer actually tries to read from the CD (e.g.
flashing LED or CD spin-up noise) when it's showing "Boot from CD/DVD"?

Is it possible that your computer has two CD drives and you chose the wrong
one to boot from? (sorry if this question sounds stupid)

"Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)>
:4380bd33$0$707$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Colin,
>
> shure, i set det bios ooption also to onlx boot from cdrom ....
>
> And i tested the cd-rom drive from the other computer, but itīs always the
> same, shortly show BOOT from DC/DVD: and after it boots from hdd .......
>
> Bye
> Olli
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the
>> hdd?
>>
>> --
>> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32
>>> System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64 System...".
>>>
>>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown
>>> and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The
>>> CD wouldn't boot up.
>>> Anyone have i idea?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Olli

Rick

Where did you get the Win x64 CD from?

Olli Goessler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32 System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64
> System...".
>
> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from
> HDD. The CD wouldn't boot up.
> Anyone have i idea?
>
> Many thanks,
> Olli

Colin Barnhorst

As soon as you see the text "Hit any key to boot from cd..." hit the
spacebar (or something).

"Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4380bd33$0$707$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi Colin,
>
> shure, i set det bios ooption also to onlx boot from cdrom ....
>
> And i tested the cd-rom drive from the other computer, but itīs always the
> same, shortly show BOOT from DC/DVD: and after it boots from hdd .......
>
> Bye
> Olli
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the
>> hdd?
>>
>> --
>> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32
>>> System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64 System...".
>>>
>>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown
>>> and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The
>>> CD wouldn't boot up.
>>> Anyone have i idea?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Olli

Olli Goessler

Hi Colin,

i hit the spacebar after the message "BOOT..." is comming, if i have deactivated all other Controllers (IDE 2, SATA) after the
message "BOOT.." it boots from floppy, or, no bootable disk is insert the drive then it does nothing...

Bye and thanks
Olli

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As soon as you see the text "Hit any key to boot from cd..." hit the spacebar (or something).

> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:4380bd33$0$707$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi Colin,
>>
>> shure, i set det bios ooption also to onlx boot from cdrom ....
>>
>> And i tested the cd-rom drive from the other computer, but itīs always the same, shortly show BOOT from DC/DVD: and after it
>> boots from hdd .......
>>
>> Bye
>> Olli
>>
>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Have you set the boot order in the bios to boot from the cd before the hdd?
>>>
>>> --

Olli Goessler

Hi Mirko,

the computer only have one DVD-Rom drive and spin up shorty (but i think not enough) and then boots from hdd, floppy or do nothing
if i deactivated all other controllers and no bootable floyy is in the drive...

Bye and thanks
Olli