Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win X64 CD donīt boot on AMD 64 System

Win X64 CD donīt boot on AMD 64 System

Rick

Again I ask, Where did you obtain the CD that will not boot for you?

Olli Goessler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have troubles to install Windows XP 64. My Setup-CD boots on a x32 System "correctly" and raise the message "...donīt X64
> System...".
>
> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from
> HDD. The CD wouldn't boot up.
> Anyone have i idea?
>
> Many thanks,
> Olli

Ralf Glauberman

"Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and
> after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The CD
> wouldn't boot up.
> Anyone have i idea?

check if the cd has a valid boot track, you can do this with isobuster. let
us know the complete boot message is (what does it show after boot from
cd?). what kind of bios do you have? there are some types where you can use
f8 to bring up a menu in which you can select the drive to boot from. does
your pc boot oder bootable cds? try knoppix, other versions of windows or
what ever you have to test this.
bye
ralf

Rick

That's why I have asked twice where the Win x64 CD came from, but
apparently that is a question Olli doesn't want to answer.

Is the CD obtained illegally?

Did you download the .ISO via the internet and burn the .ISO to the CD
improperly?

If Olli wants help, then why won't Olli answer some of the questions?

Ralf Glauberman wrote:
> "Olli Goessler" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:43809d87$0$720$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On my AMD XP 64 3500+ CPU System, the "BOOT CD/DVD:" is shortly shown and
>> after, the current installt Windows XP 32 is booting from HDD. The CD
>> wouldn't boot up.
>> Anyone have i idea?

> check if the cd has a valid boot track, you can do this with isobuster. let
> us know the complete boot message is (what does it show after boot from
> cd?). what kind of bios do you have? there are some types where you can use
> f8 to bring up a menu in which you can select the drive to boot from. does
> your pc boot oder bootable cds? try knoppix, other versions of windows or
> what ever you have to test this.
> bye
> ralf

Ralf Glauberman

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> That's why I have asked twice where the Win x64 CD came from, but
> apparently that is a question Olli doesn't want to answer.
>
> Is the CD obtained illegally?
>
> Did you download the .ISO via the internet and burn the .ISO to the CD
> improperly?
>
> If Olli wants help, then why won't Olli answer some of the questions?

Full ACK on that...