Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Found New Hardware

Found New Hardware

=?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

I installed a printer that now works fine, but can not get rid of the Found
New Hardware bolloon. I have tried "end task" in task manager, but it keeps
coming back. Any solution?

Thank you.

Bob Beyerlein

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Go through with the Wizard, you should have the option to run detection this
time only. If that does not work check your device manager Start > Run >
devmgmt.msc and check if there is yes exclamation over any non-installed
device.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed a printer that now works fine, but can not get rid of the Found
> New Hardware bolloon. I have tried "end task" in task manager, but it
> keeps
> coming back. Any solution?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Bob Beyerlein

=?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New Hardware
Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says "Found New
Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Go through with the Wizard, you should have the option to run detection this
> time only. If that does not work check your device manager Start > Run >
> devmgmt.msc and check if there is yes exclamation over any non-installed
> device.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>

> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I installed a printer that now works fine, but can not get rid of the Found
> > New Hardware bolloon. I have tried "end task" in task manager, but it
> > keeps
> > coming back. Any solution?
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Bob Beyerlein

Tony Sperling

Sorry, for barging in on your conversation, but do you have full
functionallity from that HP? If you got the drivers for it from PlanetAMD64,
you could easily have missed that the installation in that package is only
half the installation! That could then answer your question.

Tony. . .

"topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New
>Hardware
> Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says "Found
> New
> Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Go through with the Wizard, you should have the option to run detection
>> this
>> time only. If that does not work check your device manager Start > Run >
>> devmgmt.msc and check if there is yes exclamation over any non-installed
>> device.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>

>> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I installed a printer that now works fine, but can not get rid of the
>> >Found
>> > New Hardware bolloon. I have tried "end task" in task manager, but it
>> > keeps
>> > coming back. Any solution?
>> >
>> > Thank you.
>> >
>> > Bob Beyerlein

=?Utf-8?B?dG9wY2F0?=

Yes the device works fine.

The Found new Hardware wizard has no options, only "Finish".
When I click on that the window closes, but I have a "balloon"
Above the system tray saing "Found New Hardware - hp deskjet 6127 series.
Shortly thereafter the Found New Hardware Wizard window re-appears.
In it is the text saying Can not install this hardware.
An error occurred during the installation of this device.
Click finish to close the wizard.

Then the same processes repeat over and over.

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Sorry, for barging in on your conversation, but do you have full
> functionallity from that HP? If you got the drivers for it from PlanetAMD64,
> you could easily have missed that the installation in that package is only
> half the installation! That could then answer your question.
>
> Tony. . .
>

> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New
> >Hardware
> > Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says "Found
> > New
> > Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.
> >
> > "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
> >
> >> Go through with the Wizard, you should have the option to run detection
> >> this
> >> time only. If that does not work check your device manager Start > Run >
> >> devmgmt.msc and check if there is yes exclamation over any non-installed
> >> device.
> >> --
> >> Andre
> >>

> >> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Tony Sperling

It would seem that something went wrong, although trivial- you might have to
uninstall it and do it again to get rid of it. I'll recount the process that
I had to go through and you can check if that rings a bell for you?

1. Starting HP Install routine
2. Halfway through, the Windows Install routine pops up.
3. Go through the Windows Installation and finish it.
4. Go through and finish the HP Installation.
5. Re-Boot.

If that fits the description you followed, you probably should contemplate
to re-install. If it doesn't, then - definitely, re-install.

Tony. . .

"topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes the device works fine.
>
> The Found new Hardware wizard has no options, only "Finish".
> When I click on that the window closes, but I have a "balloon"
> Above the system tray saing "Found New Hardware - hp deskjet 6127 series.
> Shortly thereafter the Found New Hardware Wizard window re-appears.
> In it is the text saying Can not install this hardware.
> An error occurred during the installation of this device.
> Click finish to close the wizard.
>
> Then the same processes repeat over and over.
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, for barging in on your conversation, but do you have full
>> functionallity from that HP? If you got the drivers for it from
>> PlanetAMD64,
>> you could easily have missed that the installation in that package is
>> only
>> half the installation! That could then answer your question.
>>
>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New
>> >Hardware
>> > Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says
>> > "Found
>> > New
>> > Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.

John Barnes

I think you may have misunderstood Andre. When the new hardware box
appears, click thru it. Do not cancel. Use the defaults on each page. On
the last page there will be a checkbox at the bottom with the option to not
show for this device again. Make sure it is checked and Finish.

"topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes the device works fine.
>
> The Found new Hardware wizard has no options, only "Finish".
> When I click on that the window closes, but I have a "balloon"
> Above the system tray saing "Found New Hardware - hp deskjet 6127 series.
> Shortly thereafter the Found New Hardware Wizard window re-appears.
> In it is the text saying Can not install this hardware.
> An error occurred during the installation of this device.
> Click finish to close the wizard.
>
> Then the same processes repeat over and over.
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
>> Sorry, for barging in on your conversation, but do you have full
>> functionallity from that HP? If you got the drivers for it from
>> PlanetAMD64,
>> you could easily have missed that the installation in that package is
>> only
>> half the installation! That could then answer your question.
>>
>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "topcat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I found no exclamation marks. What I still have is the "Found New
>> >Hardware
>> > Wizard" window and in the system tray an icon when clicked on says
>> > "Found
>> > New
>> > Hardware hp deskjet 6127 series. Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?amFibG9vbWYxMjMw?=

If none of the above suggestions work, I'd suggest uninstalling the driver.
The next time you get the hardware installation wizard, select the options
that allow you to manually pick the driver (not automatic searching etc.)
yourself and install it. This tends to fix the constant driver installation
annoyance, which is usually caused by a previous incomplete installation of
the driver. Even with a failed installation, the device may appear in the
device manager without a question mark and may, in fact work right, or at
least appear to work properly.