Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Does PC Speaker work?

Does PC Speaker work?

James Park

I've tried playing some sounds through my internal speaker in x64 but
haven't gotten it to work. I know it's hooked up okay because it works with
VMWare + 32-bit XP. Has anyone else had problems?

Tony Sperling

Go into [Computer Management] | [Device Manager] | and look under System
Devices. There, it should list as System Speaker - mine say's device
enabled; no driver installed. This is the typical device that has internal
support, I believe it belongs to the Console - one of the most basic
features in the kernel.

Console - Keyboard, Display, System Speaker.

Your machine might not even boot without it? Why it would not give sound, I
do not know. What version of XP Pro x64 have you installed?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...