Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Frontpage Server Extensions 2002 on Server 20003 x64

Frontpage Server Extensions 2002 on Server 20003 x64

Adam Clauss

I had IIS setup and working on a 2003 (x64) machine.

I am attempting to install the Frontpage Server Extensions on it, per the
instructions located:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891314

After enabling the emulation mode and installing the server extensions, when
attempting to browse to ANY page/folder on the web server, I get a page that
says simply "Service Unavailable"

Looking at the HTTPERR1.LOG file, I see a message like this (this was
attempting to go to "Cofigure Server Extensions" in the IIS console):
2005-11-17 15:37:27 192.168.0.101 3502 192.168.0.101 80 HTTP/1.1 GET
/_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmdll.dll?page=health.htm 503 1 AppOffline
MSSharePointAppPool

I get a similar message when attempting to go to any of the pages, expect
those specify "DefaultAppPool" isntead of the MSSharePointAppPool.
Event Viewer shows the following error:
"A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a failure. The
process id was '832'. The data field contains the error number."
Data shows:
0000: c1 00 07 80 ..

I have stopped/started both app pools several times from the IIS console, no
luck. Tried completely restarting IIS again, no luck.
If I uninstall the server extensions and set the emulation mode back to
false, I can once again access pages.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

--
Adam Clauss

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

In the adminstative tools open computer management. Select services
and applications -> internet information services (iis) manager -> web
service extensions. Make sure the extensions you are trying to use are
allowed.

Ken
-----------------

"Adam Clauss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I had IIS setup and working on a 2003 (x64) machine.
>
> I am attempting to install the Frontpage Server Extensions on it, per the
> instructions located:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891314
>
> After enabling the emulation mode and installing the server extensions,
> when attempting to browse to ANY page/folder on the web server, I get a
> page that says simply "Service Unavailable"
>
> Looking at the HTTPERR1.LOG file, I see a message like this (this was
> attempting to go to "Cofigure Server Extensions" in the IIS console):
> 2005-11-17 15:37:27 192.168.0.101 3502 192.168.0.101 80 HTTP/1.1 GET
> /_vti_bin/_vti_adm/fpadmdll.dll?page=health.htm 503 1 AppOffline
> MSSharePointAppPool
>
> I get a similar message when attempting to go to any of the pages, expect
> those specify "DefaultAppPool" isntead of the MSSharePointAppPool.
> Event Viewer shows the following error:
> "A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' reported a failure.
> The process id was '832'. The data field contains the error number."
> Data shows:
> 0000: c1 00 07 80 ..?
>
> I have stopped/started both app pools several times from the IIS console,
> no luck. Tried completely restarting IIS again, no luck.
> If I uninstall the server extensions and set the emulation mode back to
> false, I can once again access pages.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong?
>
> --
> Adam Clauss

Adam Clauss

I just tried enabling ALL the extensions (even the "unknown" CGI & ISAPI
entries). Same result.

This isn't just some app I wrote that is giving this error - going to the
32bit version of the IIS console and selecting "Check Server Extensions"
gives this as well.

--
Adam Clauss

news:%23D3N$(E-Mail Removed)...