Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Looks like there is no reason now for me NOT to switch to XP x64 for my main computer now

Looks like there is no reason now for me NOT to switch to XP x64 for my main computer now

Wayne Wastier

The final 3 obstacles have been overcome.
1. Sound drivers for my X-Fi card
2. Drivers for my WebCam
3. Drivers for my Printer

I have a fully capable system in which to work in XP x64. Yeeeeeeeee
Haaaaaaaaw.

Wayne

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Congrats Wayne.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The final 3 obstacles have been overcome.
> 1. Sound drivers for my X-Fi card
> 2. Drivers for my WebCam
> 3. Drivers for my Printer
>
> I have a fully capable system in which to work in XP x64. Yeeeeeeeee
> Haaaaaaaaw.
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Congrats Wayne.
> --
> Andre

Thank you Andre. I am using XP x64 to write this with too.

Wayne

John Barnes

And your spelling passed spell check

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Congrats Wayne.
>> --
>> Andre

> Thank you Andre. I am using XP x64 to write this with too.
>

> Wayne

Dennis Gordon

Although I have done everything in 64 bit in the past two weeks, I'm keeping
XP Pro active since I paid for it and used it for about 2 days before I
installed 64bit. Maybe I can activate it on another new build, because I
certainly don't intend on using it if I don't have to....

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And your spelling passed spell check
>

> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Congrats Wayne.
>>> --
>>> Andre

>> Thank you Andre. I am using XP x64 to write this with too.
>>

>> Wayne

Charlie Russel - MVP

There's the ticket. Welcome to the fold.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> The final 3 obstacles have been overcome.
> 1. Sound drivers for my X-Fi card
> 2. Drivers for my WebCam
> 3. Drivers for my Printer
>
> I have a fully capable system in which to work in XP x64. Yeeeeeeeee
> Haaaaaaaaw.
>

> Wayne

Charlie Russel - MVP

If it's the retail version. And you remove it from the current machine, you
should be able to move it to another machine. If it's OEM, though, it's tied
to the hardware.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Dennis Gordon wrote:
> Although I have done everything in 64 bit in the past two weeks, I'm
> keeping XP Pro active since I paid for it and used it for about 2 days
> before I installed 64bit. Maybe I can activate it on another new build,
> because I certainly don't intend on using it if I don't have to....

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> And your spelling passed spell check
>>

>> "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Thank you Andre. I am using XP x64 to write this with too.
>>>

>>> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And your spelling passed spell check

ROFLOL. Yes, I can even spell works like antidisestablishmentarians, and
not look stupid. LOL

Wayne

Dennis Gordon

Well it's OEM, but I never thought I'd be moving so quickly to 64 bit.
Actually it's not a bad thing to keep the dual boot since it's sort of the
ultimate safe mode, in case I bollix things up in 64 bit. I can't afford
much down time on this machine... I've also got 4 more fresh XP Pro disks
for future builds anyways (man I love that company credit card...

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If it's the retail version. And you remove it from the current machine,
> you should be able to move it to another machine. If it's OEM, though,
> it's tied to the hardware.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Sigh. I get to pay for my own. OTOH, this machine(the Ferrari) is running
the Acer OEM copy that came with it on the C: partition, and the beta
payback freebie of x64 Edition on D:, so I can't really complain.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64