Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Outlook Express

Outlook Express

Colin Barnhorst

Yeah, worse it is supported by system builders. But I had to get support
for the OS from my system's builder (CyberPower) and got it.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u6ManV%(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Wayne, it is an unsupported scenario for some reason.

> The reasons are as you say unknown. The ones given by Darrell do not bear
> up under scrutiny.
>

> And this is not a beta, but neither is it supported by MSFT. It is an OEM
> only operating system.
>

> Later,
> Wayne

Bruce Chambers

Doug McIntosh wrote:
> Outlook Express 6 spelling checker does not work. Does anyone have any
> ideas what to do? Yes the options is turn on in Outlook.

Outlook Express has never had spell-checking capabilities of its
own. Instead, it has always relied upon the presence of other Microsoft
applications, such as the Office Suite, Word, or the Works _Suite_
(which includes Word, not the regular Works). Unfortunately, though,
the 64-bit version of OE cannot use the spell-checking feature of the
32-bit Office applications. You can either wait for 64-bit versions of
the Office applications, seek out a third-party spell-checker that works
with the 64-bit version of OE, or use a third-party mail and news
client, such as Thunderbird, that has its own spell-checking capability
built-in.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Colin Barnhorst

Fortunately, that dependency may change with Vista, but there is no plan to
change things for XPx64.

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Doug McIntosh wrote:
>> Outlook Express 6 spelling checker does not work. Does anyone have any
>> ideas what to do? Yes the options is turn on in Outlook.

> Outlook Express has never had spell-checking capabilities of its own.
> Instead, it has always relied upon the presence of other Microsoft
> applications, such as the Office Suite, Word, or the Works _Suite_
> (which includes Word, not the regular Works). Unfortunately, though, the
> 64-bit version of OE cannot use the spell-checking feature of the 32-bit
> Office applications. You can either wait for 64-bit versions of the
> Office applications, seek out a third-party spell-checker that works with
> the 64-bit version of OE, or use a third-party mail and news client, such
> as Thunderbird, that has its own spell-checking capability built-in.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Charlie Russel - MVP

"hidden agenda?" Oh, give me a break. And no, it wasn't a mistake.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Wayne Wastier wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What you choose to do on your own machine is your business. But to
>> recommend it to others, when it has NOT passed rigorous QA and testing,
>> and has been pulled explicitly by MS because of problems, is unwise

> Actually, it was pulled either by mistake, or ... some hidden agenda by
> MSFT. I tend to believe the former.
>
> However, freedom of speech is still one of the basic tenets of the
> constitution of the USA.
>

> Charles, what you are doing is giving up your right to choose. You believe
> Darrell because? He is an MSFT employee? That is the only proof we have
> that this is dangerous in anyway. Just Darrell's word. Even the Bible
> says that those were more noble that searched the scriptures to whether
> those things were true or not.
>
> Don't give up your right to choose, no matter who is telling you to do so.
> Don't be a lemming. Be a man.
>

> Yours,
> Wayne Wastier

=?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=

Wayne, hi, what has gotten into you, you seem a little rebelious lately, did
your Mom stop breast feeding you.
--
Jesus is Lord