Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vote for a 64-bit Java Plug-in

Vote for a 64-bit Java Plug-in

stretchboy

Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going t
develop a 64-bit browser java plugin
You know why you're here - you've been searching for a plugin, wel
now's your chance to tell Sun to get their act together!

To show them we want it we must vote! That's right vote!!
There is a Request For Enhancement in place to add a 64-bit plugin an
we need to vote for it so Sun starts paying attention to us

Ok, so I know you want to - but how you're asking?

Well *first you register* at the sun developers site here
'https://softwarereg.sun.com/registration/de.../en_US/new_user
(https://softwarereg.sun.com/registra...en_US/new_user

*Then you vote* here
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view...?bug_id=480269
-You should be able to vote three times! So do it
And don't forget to fill in the comments box to tell them just ho
important it is

Then you can visit here (this is the RFE Top 25) on a daily basis t
see how the RFE is going
http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/top25_rfes.d

--
stretchbo
stretchboy's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=154

Wayne Wastier

"stretchboy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going to
> develop a 64-bit browser java plugin.

I hope this isn't the one you are talking about, "Support Java Plug-in on
64-bit AMD Opteron." Because Windows XP x64 also work with the AMD 64, AMD
x2 64, Intel EMT-64.

It should have been, Support Java Plug-in for 64 bit browsers and/or apps in
Windows XP x64.

Wayne

Robert Klemme

stretchboy wrote:
> Currently Sun isn't giving anyone any idea of when/if they are going
> to develop a 64-bit browser java plugin.
> You know why you're here - you've been searching for a plugin, well
> now's your chance to tell Sun to get their act together!!

Honestly, I never understood why anyone wanted a 64bit browser plugin. If
you need that much memory in an applet something is seriously wrong IMHO.

robert

Wayne Wastier

"Robert Klemme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Honestly, I never understood why anyone wanted a 64bit browser plugin. If
> you need that much memory in an applet something is seriously wrong IMHO.
>
> robert

Robert, the 64 bit version of IE is much more responisve. Remember,
programs running in 64 bit is more than just their ability to use extra
memory, it is also the extra cpu operands that 64 bit cpus have access to.

Wayne

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

It is like driving your Ferrari (IE64) without the blond (java x64) and the
leather seats (x64 activex). ))
Carlos

"Wayne Wastier" wrote:

> "Robert Klemme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Honestly, I never understood why anyone wanted a 64bit browser plugin. If
> > you need that much memory in an applet something is seriously wrong IMHO.
> >
> > robert
> >

> Robert, the 64 bit version of IE is much more responisve. Remember,
> programs running in 64 bit is more than just their ability to use extra
> memory, it is also the extra cpu operands that 64 bit cpus have access to.
>

> Wayne

Wayne Wastier

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is like driving your Ferrari (IE64) without the blond (java x64) and
> the
> leather seats (x64 activex). ))
> Carlos

ROFLOL. That is a great analogy, Carlos. (but I prefer brunettes,
with pale skin and big breasts ROFLOL)

Wayne

Colin Barnhorst

Ah, a Firefox fan.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O$(E-Mail Removed)...

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It is like driving your Ferrari (IE64) without the blond (java x64) and
>> the
>> leather seats (x64 activex). ))
>> Carlos
>>

> ROFLOL. That is a great analogy, Carlos. (but I prefer brunettes,
> with pale skin and big breasts ROFLOL)
>

> Wayne

Re: Java bug vote request: JFileChooser deadlock bug Mark Space Java 0 10-14-2008 05:12 PM
Vote for the October Scapegoat!!! bigal The Lounge 228 10-19-2005 09:11 AM
To U all who didn't vote for Bush! This message link is for U! Tron2004 MCSE 2 11-04-2004 01:44 PM
[OT] Vote for Me! JaR MCSE 52 09-10-2004 01:22 PM
OT: violence mars India vote Vigo Breadcrumbs MCSE 21 04-20-2004 10:58 PM

Advertisments