Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 and Service Pack 2

x64 and Service Pack 2

=?Utf-8?B?U3RhcmJ1Zy1WaW5kYWxvbw==?=

I was just wondering,

I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
thought until now.

Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?

Just curious cause Movie Maker is acting up and refusing to save any movie
file I edit in Movie maker.

Roy Coorne

Starbug-Vindaloo schrieb:
> I was just wondering,
>
> I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
> thought until now.
>
> Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?
>
> Just curious cause Movie Maker is acting up and refusing to save any movie
> file I edit in Movie maker.

Go to Windows Update - or go trolling

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

There is no Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional x64, but it does
include the security technologies and updates from Service Pack 2 for
Windows XP x86 (32-Bit). Windows XP Professional x64 is based on the Windows
Server 2003 SP1 Code base, Service Packs that are released for this version
of Windows will also be applied to XP Professional x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Starbug-Vindaloo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was just wondering,
>
> I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
> thought until now.
>
> Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?
>
> Just curious cause Movie Maker is acting up and refusing to save any movie
> file I edit in Movie maker.

=?Utf-8?B?U3RhcmJ1Zy1WaW5kYWxvbw==?=

Ah cheers for the quick response. =)

That's made me happy.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> There is no Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional x64, but it does
> include the security technologies and updates from Service Pack 2 for
> Windows XP x86 (32-Bit). Windows XP Professional x64 is based on the Windows
> Server 2003 SP1 Code base, Service Packs that are released for this version
> of Windows will also be applied to XP Professional x64.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Starbug-Vindaloo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was just wondering,
> >
> > I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
> > thought until now.
> >
> > Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?
> >
> > Just curious cause Movie Maker is acting up and refusing to save any movie
> > file I edit in Movie maker.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You are welcome.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Starbug-Vindaloo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah cheers for the quick response. =)
>
> That's made me happy.
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> There is no Service Pack 2 for Windows XP Professional x64, but it does
>> include the security technologies and updates from Service Pack 2 for
>> Windows XP x86 (32-Bit). Windows XP Professional x64 is based on the
>> Windows
>> Server 2003 SP1 Code base, Service Packs that are released for this
>> version
>> of Windows will also be applied to XP Professional x64.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Starbug-Vindaloo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I was just wondering,
>> >
>> > I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
>> > thought until now.
>> >
>> > Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?
>> >
>> > Just curious cause Movie Maker is acting up and refusing to save any
>> > movie
>> > file I edit in Movie maker.

Bruce Chambers

Starbug-Vindaloo wrote:
> I was just wondering,
>
> I've had x64 edition for quite a while now and haver never given this a
> thought until now.
>
> Do I need to install Service pack 2 or is it already on?

There is no Service Pack 2 for Microsft's 64-bit operating systems, yet.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm