Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > windows xp 64bit and windows xp 32bit in one computer system

windows xp 64bit and windows xp 32bit in one computer system

=?Utf-8?B?dGV5bW91cg==?=

i want both windows xp 64bit and windows xp 32bit in one computer

Colin Barnhorst

Give the specifics of your computer and what is installed now. To
multi-boot you should install the older OS first and then the newer. The
catch is that x64 is OEM only and usually preinstalled on a new computer.
Have you already gotten a copy of x64? If not, how do you plan to get it?
Keep in mind that it is not for sale in retail outlets the way XP x86 is.

"teymour" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i want both windows xp 64bit and windows xp 32bit in one computer

=?Utf-8?B?dGV5bW91cg==?=

computer specifications:
I assembled one month ago
cpu :intel pentium 4 630, 3 Ghz, 2MB cache
mainboard chipset : intel 955X
VGA GPU : nvidia 6800 LE, PCI-E
HDD : 250 GB,7200 rpm, SATA
RAM DR2-533 Mhz,1 GB
operating system :windows xp sp2

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Give the specifics of your computer and what is installed now. To
> multi-boot you should install the older OS first and then the newer. The
> catch is that x64 is OEM only and usually preinstalled on a new computer.
> Have you already gotten a copy of x64? If not, how do you plan to get it?
> Keep in mind that it is not for sale in retail outlets the way XP x86 is.

> "teymour" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i want both windows xp 64bit and windows xp 32bit in one computer

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, it is 64-bit enabled, you can install XP Professional x64. Here are
list of online places you can purchase the Full OEM Version of Windows XP
Professional x64:
http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16837102034
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...ture=Microsoft