Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Removal of X64

Removal of X64

Richard

Is there a way to remove XP Pro 64 with out wiping the whole computer and
doing a clean install of XP Pro? I have been running a dual boot with XP
Pro32 and XP 64Pro on a separate harddrive.

Richard

Colin Barnhorst

Boot into XP Pro x86 and then format the drive with x64 on it and install
whatever you wish.

news:eq8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to remove XP Pro 64 with out wiping the whole computer and
> doing a clean install of XP Pro? I have been running a dual boot with XP
> Pro32 and XP 64Pro on a separate harddrive.
>

> Richard

Richard

Thank you for your quick Response

Richard

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boot into XP Pro x86 and then format the drive with x64 on it and install
> whatever you wish.

> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eq8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a way to remove XP Pro 64 with out wiping the whole computer and
>> doing a clean install of XP Pro? I have been running a dual boot with XP
>> Pro32 and XP 64Pro on a separate harddrive.
>>

>> Richard

Colin Barnhorst

You're welcome.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank you for your quick Response
>
> Richard

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Boot into XP Pro x86 and then format the drive with x64 on it and install
>> whatever you wish.
>>
>> --
>> "Richard" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:eq8$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Is there a way to remove XP Pro 64 with out wiping the whole computer
>>> and doing a clean install of XP Pro? I have been running a dual boot
>>> with XP Pro32 and XP 64Pro on a separate harddrive.
>>>

>>> Richard

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

You'll also need to remove the x64 entry in boot.ini.
Carlos