Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AMD Sempron

AMD Sempron

=?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8=?=

i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron 64bits

in the system requeriments, it says:
"Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"

but it don't mention the amd Sempron.

is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Bernardo:
WinxP x64 works on the Sempron 64 bit version.
Carlos

"Bernardo" wrote:

> i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
> and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
> but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron 64bits
>
> in the system requeriments, it says:
> "Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
> EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"
>
> but it don't mention the amd Sempron.
>
> is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I know that they recently a few months ago introduced a 64 bit version of
the Sempron processor to compete with Intels offering. Do you currently own
Windows XP x64? Try booting off the CD and see if it goes into setup.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Bernardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
> and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
> but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron 64bits
>
> in the system requeriments, it says:
> "Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
> EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"
>
> but it don't mention the amd Sempron.
>
> is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

Charlie Russel - MVP

It will depend on which model of Sempron 3000+ you have. One is a SocketA
chip, and is 32-bit only. Others are 754 pin socket chips, and are 64 bit
capable. If the chip says it's "Sempron 64", then it supports x64 Edition.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Bernardo wrote:
> i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
> and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
> but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron 64bits
>
> in the system requeriments, it says:
> "Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
> EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"
>
> but it don't mention the amd Sempron.
>
> is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

NoNoBadDog!

Just for the record, the 64 bit Sempron was not introduced to "compete with
Intel's Offering". The Sempron was introduced prior, and is not comparable
with a Celeron. The Sempron is a much more powerful chip than the Celeron,
in either the 32 bit or 64 bit variety.

Bobby

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know that they recently a few months ago introduced a 64 bit version of
>the Sempron processor to compete with Intels offering. Do you currently own
>Windows XP x64? Try booting off the CD and see if it goes into setup.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Bernardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
>> and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
>> but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron
>> 64bits
>>
>> in the system requeriments, it says:
>> "Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
>> EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"
>>
>> but it don't mention the amd Sempron.
>>
>> is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Price wise its competing with the Celeron.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just for the record, the 64 bit Sempron was not introduced to "compete
> with Intel's Offering". The Sempron was introduced prior, and is not
> comparable with a Celeron. The Sempron is a much more powerful chip than
> the Celeron, in either the 32 bit or 64 bit variety.
>
> Bobby

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I know that they recently a few months ago introduced a 64 bit version of
>>the Sempron processor to compete with Intels offering. Do you currently
>>own Windows XP x64? Try booting off the CD and see if it goes into setup.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Bernardo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>i have a AMD Sempron 3000+
>>> and i'm thinking to install the windows x64 in my computer
>>> but i didn't see if the windows x64 edition support the amd sempron
>>> 64bits
>>>
>>> in the system requeriments, it says:
>>> "Supported processors: AMD Athlon 64, AMD Opteron, Intel Xeon with Intel
>>> EM64T support, Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support"
>>>
>>> but it don't mention the amd Sempron.
>>>
>>> is AMD Sempron supported in Windows XP x64 edition?

Roy Coorne

Charlie Russel - MVP schrieb:
> It will depend on which model of Sempron 3000+ you have. One is a SocketA
> chip, and is 32-bit only. Others are 754 pin socket chips, and are 64 bit
> capable. If the chip says it's "Sempron 64", then it supports x64 Edition.

OP may apply CPU-Z available free at www.cpuid.com and look at
Instructions:
If there is 'x86-64' then his Sempron is a 64 model and supports
Windows XP x64.

Roy

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks for that tip Roy.