Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Files and Setting Transfer wizard from XP Pro to XP Pro x64

Files and Setting Transfer wizard from XP Pro to XP Pro x64

=?Utf-8?B?SkNhbnlvbmVlcg==?=

I have just set up a new computer running x64 but am replacing an older
computer running XP Pro. I have tried to run the files and setting tranfer
wizard but run into problems. 1) It will not give me the option to make a
wizard disk for 32 bit. 2)The x64 disk will not boot to the additional
features screen on the old machine. 3)the x64 will not give me the option to
use a network to connect the computers, only to find a specific file on the
network. This wizard worked so good on another machine running xp pro and
moving files from another xp pro machine. Are there any suggestions on this
or obvious things I'm not seeing?

Piers James

I can't remember which way around it is, but there is an update to the File
and Settings Transfer Wizard for either XP Pro or x64, that allows this to
work.

HTH

"JCanyoneer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just set up a new computer running x64 but am replacing an older
> computer running XP Pro. I have tried to run the files and setting tranfer
> wizard but run into problems. 1) It will not give me the option to make a
> wizard disk for 32 bit. 2)The x64 disk will not boot to the additional
> features screen on the old machine. 3)the x64 will not give me the option
> use a network to connect the computers, only to find a specific file on
> the
> network. This wizard worked so good on another machine running xp pro and
> moving files from another xp pro machine. Are there any suggestions on
> this
> or obvious things I'm not seeing?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Files and Setting Transfer wizard for x64
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896344
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"JCanyoneer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have just set up a new computer running x64 but am replacing an older
> computer running XP Pro. I have tried to run the files and setting tranfer
> wizard but run into problems. 1) It will not give me the option to make a
> wizard disk for 32 bit. 2)The x64 disk will not boot to the additional
> features screen on the old machine. 3)the x64 will not give me the option
> use a network to connect the computers, only to find a specific file on
> the
> network. This wizard worked so good on another machine running xp pro and
> moving files from another xp pro machine. Are there any suggestions on
> this
> or obvious things I'm not seeing?

Colin Barnhorst

For XP.