Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > exchange key with 32 bit windows

exchange key with 32 bit windows

=?Utf-8?B?cmFtYW5yYWplc2g4Mw==?=

I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows key.
But i do not know how to exchange it.
help!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, it will not work, different keys are used for OEM Versions of Windows XP
and I think there is also difference in the scheme used for 64 bit versions
of Windows.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"ramanrajesh83" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows
>key.
> But i do not know how to exchange it.
> help!
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

=?Utf-8?B?cmFtYW5yYWplc2g4Mw==?=

the question is how
i know that it can be exchanged

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> No, it will not work, different keys are used for OEM Versions of Windows XP
> and I think there is also difference in the scheme used for 64 bit versions
> of Windows.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "ramanrajesh83" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows
> >key.
> > But i do not know how to exchange it.
> > help!
> >
> > (E-Mail Removed)

Colin Barnhorst

Maybe he is referring a TAP.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, it will not work, different keys are used for OEM Versions of Windows
> XP and I think there is also difference in the scheme used for 64 bit
> versions of Windows.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "ramanrajesh83" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows
>>key.
>> But i do not know how to exchange it.
>> help!
>>
>> (E-Mail Removed)

John Barnes

You go to a system builder where you buy an OEM copy with hardware and voila
you have a 64 bit Windows key.
Works every time.

"ramanrajesh83" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a 32 bit windows xp. I want to exchange its key for 64 bit windows
>key.
> But i do not know how to exchange it.
> help!
>
> (E-Mail Removed)

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, it can NOT be exchanged. There was a limited time program, ran from
launch in April till the end of July, that allowed you to exchange. That
program is gone, ended, not any longer an option, done.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64