Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Audio/Video Codecs for x64

Audio/Video Codecs for x64

=?Utf-8?B?S2lkIGF0IFBDIFN1cHBvcnQ=?=

Was wondering if there where any special 64 bit codecs you had to get to play
certain audio files and video files, because I just installed divx codec and
it still wont play my divx videos.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

You don't need 64 bit decoders, actually, because WMP is still 32 bit and
needs 32 bit video/audio decoders.
Just install ffdshow (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm)

FFDSHOW is a DirectShow decoding filter for decompressing DivX, XviD, WMV,
MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 movies. It uses libavcodec from ffmpeg project for video
decompression, postprocessing code from mplayer to enhance visual quality of
low bitrate movies, and is based on original DirectShow filter from XviD,
which is GPL'ed educational implementation of MPEG4 encoder

It is freeware and will allow you to see and hear every file compressed with
almost every known codec.

Speaking of decoders I would highly recommend the freeware alternatives for
Quicktime and Realmedia formats.
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
They will install the decoders as well as the freeware lightweight "Media
Player Classic".

All 32 bit working flawlessly on x64 platform.
Carlos
"Kid at PC Support" wrote:

> Was wondering if there where any special 64 bit codecs you had to get to play
> certain audio files and video files, because I just installed divx codec and
> it still wont play my divx videos.

wewa

yes, installed divx on day 1 of working on x64 and working fine with WMP10
and MPC on my Dell Xeon 3.0 with 6600 dual DVI FPW2005 displays.

a bit sluggish if you have less than 512 of ram.
http://download.divx.com/divx/DivXPlay.exe

The latest Nvidia GEforce driver seems to have improved rendering of images.
Nice.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_81.85.html

"Kid at PC Support" <Kid at PC http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was wondering if there where any special 64 bit codecs you had to get to
> play
> certain audio files and video files, because I just installed divx codec
> and
> it still wont play my divx videos.

=?Utf-8?B?S2lkIGF0IFBDIFN1cHBvcnQ=?=

Yes, RAM really isnt the promblem with the machine we are using x64 on really
its an awesome OS from Microsoft very stable and very fast. Figured out that
Nero 7 messed up the audio/video codecs on the machine.

Nero 6.6 seems to work just fine though.