Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition

Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition

=?Utf-8?B?a2g=?=

New Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition

Columnist Barb Bowman has found a perfect mobile computing environment after
upgrading a new Acer Ferrari 4000 AMD Turion 64 notebook to dual boot Windows
XP x64 Edition.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...n_05nov07.mspx

Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

__
Kristen Heller
Site Manager, vendor [MS]

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yeah, I'm only miffed that she got to write the column, given that we both
got Ferrari notebooks. And I love mine!

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

norman wrote:
> ah nice, makes me want the Acer's ferrari notebook even more know
>
> great post =D
>
> "kh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> New Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition
>>
>> Columnist Barb Bowman has found a perfect mobile computing environment
>> after
>> upgrading a new Acer Ferrari 4000 AMD Turion 64 notebook to dual boot
>> Windows
>> XP x64 Edition.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...n_05nov07.mspx
>>
>> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

>> rights.
>>
>> __
>> Kristen Heller
>> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

Colin Barnhorst

It was nice of Barb to comment so favorably on this ng. Quite a lot of work
went into the column and it reads very nicely.

"kh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> New Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition
>
> Columnist Barb Bowman has found a perfect mobile computing environment
> after
> upgrading a new Acer Ferrari 4000 AMD Turion 64 notebook to dual boot
> Windows
> XP x64 Edition.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...n_05nov07.mspx
>
> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

> rights.
>
> __
> Kristen Heller
> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

Barb Bowman

Yeah, but since I vr0000000med before you did, it's only fair that I
got the column <G>. My upcoming column on the Vista End User
Experience was also written using the 4000

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:17:46 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Yeah, I'm only miffed that she got to write the column, given that we both
>got Ferrari notebooks. And I love mine!

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone Columnist

Barb Bowman

thank you for the kind words. the Ferrari is certainly and awesome
machine which made writing the column almost a labor of love.

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:12:23 -0700, "Colin Barnhorst"
<colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

>It was nice of Barb to comment so favorably on this ng. Quite a lot of work
>went into the column and it reads very nicely.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone Columnist

norman

ah nice, makes me want the Acer's ferrari notebook even more know

great post =D

"kh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> New Column: Upgrading an AMD64 Turion Laptop to Windows XP x64 Edition
>
> Columnist Barb Bowman has found a perfect mobile computing environment
> after
> upgrading a new Acer Ferrari 4000 AMD Turion 64 notebook to dual boot
> Windows
> XP x64 Edition.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...n_05nov07.mspx
>
> Ask questions or post comments about the article here.

> rights.
>
> __
> Kristen Heller
> Site Manager, vendor [MS]

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Barb Bowman wrote:

>Yeah, but since I vr0000000med before you did, it's only fair that I
>got the column <G>. My upcoming column on the Vista End User
>Experience was also written using the 4000

Have you been able to get wireless working in Vista? That's the big one I
seem to be missing at the moment.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Charlie Russel - MVP

True. But then, you only vr000000med because I pointed you at it.

Ah, well, just sour grapes. Good article, btw.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Barb Bowman wrote:
> Yeah, but since I vr0000000med before you did, it's only fair that I
> got the column <G>. My upcoming column on the Vista End User
> Experience was also written using the 4000
>

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:17:46 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I'm only miffed that she got to write the column, given that we
>> both got Ferrari notebooks. And I love mine!

Barb Bowman

there's a new trick to dealing with more than a gig of memory using
bcdedit. it's posted in the appropriate beta newsgroups.

Barb Bowman wrote:

>there's a new trick to dealing with more than a gig of memory using
>bcdedit. it's posted in the appropriate beta newsgroups.
>
>On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 05:36:18 -0800, "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Have you been able to get wireless working in Vista? That's the big one I
>>seem to be missing at the moment.

>--

Eh? What's memory got to do with wireless driver support?

access to any beta newsgroups...

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]