Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Missing everything in Windows Explorer

Missing everything in Windows Explorer

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbg==?=

Hi there can anyone help with this.
All my View, Edit,Favorites,Toolsand Help are missing. Plus all the Back
Foeward Upfolder Search.ect. Plus the Address Bar.Hi there can anyone help
with this.
All my View, Edit, Favorites, Tools and Help are missing.
Plus all the Back, Foeward, Upfolder, Search.ect. Plus the Address Bar.
All other drives connected view fine it's just the folders on my C:/.
What could it be???

Thanks for any help

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=895561

Try launching the 32 bit version of Windows Explorer to see if it corrects
this problem:
Click Start, click Run, type the following in the Open box, and then click
OK:
Drive_Letter:\windows\syswow64\explorer.exe /separate
Note The placeholder Drive_Letter represents the drive where the x64-based
version of Windows is installed.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there can anyone help with this.
> All my View, Edit,Favorites,Toolsand Help are missing. Plus all the Back
> Foeward Upfolder Search.ect. Plus the Address Bar.Hi there can anyone help
> with this.
> All my View, Edit, Favorites, Tools and Help are missing.
> Plus all the Back, Foeward, Upfolder, Search.ect. Plus the Address Bar.
> All other drives connected view fine it's just the folders on my C:/.
> What could it be???
>
> Thanks for any help

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbg==?=

Thanks for your reply.
Internet Explorer is fine it's the Windows explorer for when looking through
folders. all my options along the top have gone..

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Did you try what was suggested Stephen, the information posted relates to
Windows Explorer, you are confusing the bit of information in the command
that "explorer.exe"
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply.
> Internet Explorer is fine it's the Windows explorer for when looking
> through
> folders. all my options along the top have gone..

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbg==?=

Great it worked! Thankyou very much.
So what did the command actually do?

cheers

=?Utf-8?B?c3RlcGhlbg==?=

Ah!!
When I ran the cmd it opened fine with all showing. But when I closed the
explorer down and opened the c drive via, start my computer it reverted back
to what I had before..

Randy

You have somehow closed the "Standard Buttons" toolbar; to re-open it, click
"View", then "Toolbars", then click to select it. Same process to restore
your "Address Bar".

"stephen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah!!
> When I ran the cmd it opened fine with all showing. But when I closed the
> explorer down and opened the c drive via, start my computer it reverted

back
> to what I had before..

Gato Loco

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:57:19 -0800, "stephen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ah!!
>When I ran the cmd it opened fine with all showing. But when I closed the
>explorer down and opened the c drive via, start my computer it reverted back
>to what I had before..

You can try creating a shortcut with the cmd that Andre gave and
explorer will open that way when you use the shortcut.

Right click on the desktop> New> Shortcut > In the box type the path
with the seperate switch. Continue with the dialogue as neccessary.
Drag or copy the shortcut to where you want it. Of course if you want
it in the start menu you must have enable drag and drop selected.

Andre if you read this, Thanks for the info I can see my Mp3 tags
again. I had forgot about the whole 32 bit explorer thing.

cheers
Gato Loco

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You are welcome.