Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ATI Graphic

ATI Graphic

=?Utf-8?B?Ymx1ZWhlZWxlcg==?=

I have Windows XP Pro Service pack 2. Is that the same as 64 bit edition? I
keep getting an error message about ATI graphics. My computer keeps shutting
down. What should I do? The screen is always "flickering." You know, how
sometimes you restart the computer and it solves the problem. Except nothing
solves the problem. Thank you for any help!!!

NoNoBadDog!

"blueheeler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Windows XP Pro Service pack 2. Is that the same as 64 bit edition?
> keep getting an error message about ATI graphics. My computer keeps
> shutting
> down. What should I do? The screen is always "flickering." You know,
> how
> sometimes you restart the computer and it solves the problem. Except
> nothing
> solves the problem. Thank you for any help!!!

Windows XP SP2 has nothing to do with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
You are not running the 64 bit version of Windows if you have SP2. You have
the 32 bit version of Windows, and most likely have a 32 bit processor.

You need to visit the ATI website and download and install the latest video
drivers for your video card.

Bobby

=?Utf-8?B?Ymx1ZWhlZWxlcg==?=

NoNoBadDog- Thanks for setting me straight. I tried to install Rage 128 Pro
and it wouldn't let me! I did get windows updates and now the computer does
not keep shutting down. However, I still have the annoying flickering
screen! Any suggestions for that? Thanks, Blueheeler, the good dog

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote:

> "blueheeler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have Windows XP Pro Service pack 2. Is that the same as 64 bit edition?
> > keep getting an error message about ATI graphics. My computer keeps
> > shutting
> > down. What should I do? The screen is always "flickering." You know,
> > how
> > sometimes you restart the computer and it solves the problem. Except
> > nothing
> > solves the problem. Thank you for any help!!!

> Windows XP SP2 has nothing to do with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
> You are not running the 64 bit version of Windows if you have SP2. You have
> the 32 bit version of Windows, and most likely have a 32 bit processor.
>
> You need to visit the ATI website and download and install the latest video
> drivers for your video card.
>
> Bobby

Lenard Lund

This looks like your refresh rate is set to 60hertz. Right click on your
desktop choose properties, then click on the settings tab. click the
advanced button on the lower right corner. Then click thed monitor tab,
about 1/3 of the way down you will find the Screen refresh rate. click
the down arrow and choose a setting tyhat is at least 72 hertz, more if
your monitor will accept it. This should solve the flickker and youe
eyes will thank you greatly.