Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > outlook desktop alert

outlook desktop alert

kimwebb@gmail.com

I've recently gotten a new computer running Windows 64. I notice now
that the outlook desktop alert never appears. I've gone and checked my
settings and they look fine. If I "preview" the desktop alert it pops
up but never actually when I get mail.

Any ideas what might be wrong? Is outlook desktop alert compatibale
with windows 64?

Thanks.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You have latest Service Pack for Office 2003 installed? Try that:

Also try doing a Detect and Repair from the Help Menu to see if it fixes the
problem.
microsoft.public.office.misc
microsoft.public.outlook
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> I've recently gotten a new computer running Windows 64. I notice now
> that the outlook desktop alert never appears. I've gone and checked my
> settings and they look fine. If I "preview" the desktop alert it pops
> up but never actually when I get mail.
>
> Any ideas what might be wrong? Is outlook desktop alert compatibale
> with windows 64?
>
> Thanks.

kimwebb@gmail.com

I have SP2 and all the patches installed for both office and windows.
I did the detect and repair and still no alerts. Is there a particular
service that allows these that may have been turned of by default?

Thanks very much for the reply.

Dominic Payer

In Outlook 2003 :

Tools - Options - Preferences - Email options - Advanced email options -
Display a New Mail Desktop Alert.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I have SP2 and all the patches installed for both office and windows.
> I did the detect and repair and still no alerts. Is there a particular
> service that allows these that may have been turned of by default?
>
> Thanks very much for the reply.

kimwebb@gmail.com

Yes that is exactly what I had done when I first got the computer. As
I mention in my original post I can even get the preview to display but
the actual popups never display.