Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Missing DVD Drives

Missing DVD Drives

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

Hi all,
I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two weeks
without a hitch....
Today both drives are gone????
What's up???
Can you help

John Barnes

Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? ) or
software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
Roxio)

"OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two
> weeks
> without a hitch....
> Today both drives are gone????
> What's up???
> Can you help

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I was go to suggest he file a report down at his local police station.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? )
> or software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
> Roxio)
>

> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi all,
>> I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two
>> weeks
>> without a hitch....
>> Today both drives are gone????
>> What's up???
>> Can you help

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
install

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? ) or
> software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
> Roxio)
>

> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi all,
> > I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two
> > weeks
> > without a hitch....
> > Today both drives are gone????
> > What's up???
> > Can you help

John Barnes

Look in your system logs and see if you have any DVD related warnings

"OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
> install
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? )
>> or
>> software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
>> Roxio)
>>

>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi all,
>> > I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two
>> > weeks
>> > without a hitch....
>> > Today both drives are gone????
>> > What's up???
>> > Can you help

John Barnes

Where is Inspector Clouseau when you need him?

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was go to suggest he file a report down at his local police station.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? )
>> or software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
>> Roxio)
>>

>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Hi all,
>>> I've been using my dvd reader for months and my new DVD burner for two
>>> weeks
>>> without a hitch....
>>> Today both drives are gone????
>>> What's up???
>>> Can you help

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

Ok... I have to go to msconfig and remove InCD from the start up to keep the
thump sound windows makes when something is wrong. (from Nero Express) this
has not cause any problems before and has worked perfect for two weeks
I have verified the hardware ... it loads in bios

I do have a strange icon showing on the desk top that says settings and in
it is:

My event viewer shows:
there are a couple of errors that are coming from programs that I thought
were deleted... but I'm unsure what this is:

\systemRoot\sysWow64 Drivers uncdrm.sys has been block from loading due to
incompatibility with this system

and: \SystemRoot\SysWow64\Drivers\inCdrec.sys have been block from loading
die to incompatibility

sorry if things are spelt wrong... typing with broken finger

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Look in your system logs and see if you have any DVD related warnings
>

> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
> > install
> >

> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? )
> >> or
> >> software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
> >> Roxio)
> >>

> >> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Kue2

Did you install the kodak easyshare software that will delete your dvd
drives,if you did use system restore to take you back to a working system.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Look in your system logs and see if you have any DVD related warnings
>

> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
>> install
>>

>> "John Barnes" wrote:
>>
>>> Could be hardware (are your drives visible in the BIOS - cables tight? )
>>> or
>>> software (did you uninstall or install new DVD related software - Nero
>>> Roxio)
>>>

>>> "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?T3BlWHA=?=

I did in fact install kodak easy share... I've use it all along... but got a
new camera and dock... I'll give that a try.

"Kue2" wrote:

> Did you install the kodak easyshare software that will delete your dvd
> drives,if you did use system restore to take you back to a working system.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Look in your system logs and see if you have any DVD related warnings
> >

> > "OpeXp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I did attempt to install new codacs yesterday but chickened out and cancel
> >> install

John Barnes

If you can I would follow Kue2's advice at this point and do a System
Restore. If you can't you will probably have to edit your registry to
eliminate the items that are trying to load the two items you are having
problems with.