Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing AOL on 64bit Edition

Installing AOL on 64bit Edition

=?Utf-8?B?TWFjR3l2ZXI=?=

Hi there!

Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Windows 64bit
Edition and AOL? I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep
getting error message about missing or corrupted files.

Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
this one?

Thanks in advance! Keep safe!

Colin Barnhorst

This is not a Microsoft issue. It is an AOL issue. Microsoft does not
write AOL code. You should inquire of AOL about x64 compatibility. You may
contact them toll free at 1-800-392-5180.

"MacGyver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there!
>
> Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Windows 64bit
> Edition and AOL? I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep
> getting error message about missing or corrupted files.
>
> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
> this one?
>
> Thanks in advance! Keep safe!

Bruce Chambers

MacGyver wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Windows 64bit
> Edition and AOL?

Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.

> I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep
> getting error message about missing or corrupted files.

You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
real ISP.

> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
> this one?

Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another
company's product?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

LOL!
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MacGyver wrote:
>> Hi there! Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the
>> Windows 64bit Edition and AOL?

> Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
> product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.
>

>> I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep getting error
>> message about missing or corrupted files.
>>

> You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
> real ISP.
>

>> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch
>> on this one?
>>

> Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another company's
> product?
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Rick

If you would take the time to do a search on AOL, you would find that
there is a AOL Explorer that does work on x64.

MacGyver wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the Windows 64bit
> Edition and AOL? I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep
> getting error message about missing or corrupted files.
>
> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch on
> this one?
>
> Thanks in advance! Keep safe!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

http://www.computerbase.de/downloads.../aol_explorer/
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you would take the time to do a search on AOL, you would find that
> there is a AOL Explorer that does work on x64.
>
> MacGyver wrote:
>> Hi there! Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the
>> Windows 64bit Edition and AOL? I cannot install AOL Software on that
>> platform. I keep getting error message about missing or corrupted files.
>>
>> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch
>> on this one?
>>
>> Thanks in advance! Keep safe!

Colin Barnhorst

Bruce, it was a fair question. I hate to see people who simply want help
with their preferred software made fun of because someone else doesn't like
it or has had bad experiences with it.

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> MacGyver wrote:
>> Hi there! Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the
>> Windows 64bit Edition and AOL?

> Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
> product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.
>

>> I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep getting error
>> message about missing or corrupted files.
>>

> You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
> real ISP.
>

>> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch
>> on this one?
>>

> Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another company's
> product?
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yeah, and I don't have any issues with them making a fuss over Symantec AV
10, to each his own.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I disagree. Everyone, positive or negative, has the right to comment. AOL
>is a crappy service, constant disconnects, busy signals, expensive, etc.,
>however, people addicted to chat rooms and those who use their email
>service when it is free and don't want to change often stay in spite of it.
>Andre get constant comments about his preferred Symantec A/V. He especially
>is entitled to a chortle.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Bruce, it was a fair question. I hate to see people who simply want help
>> with their preferred software made fun of because someone else doesn't
>> like it or has had bad experiences with it.
>>
>> --
>> "Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>

>>> Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
>>> product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.

>>> You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
>>> real ISP.

>>> Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another company's
>>> product?
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Bruce Chambers
>>>
>>> Help us help you:
>>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>>>
>>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>>> both at once. - RAH

John Barnes

I disagree. Everyone, positive or negative, has the right to comment. AOL
is a crappy service, constant disconnects, busy signals, expensive, etc.,
however, people addicted to chat rooms and those who use their email service
when it is free and don't want to change often stay in spite of it. Andre
get constant comments about his preferred Symantec A/V. He especially is
entitled to a chortle.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bruce, it was a fair question. I hate to see people who simply want help
> with their preferred software made fun of because someone else doesn't
> like it or has had bad experiences with it.

> "Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> MacGyver wrote:
>>> Hi there! Just wondering if there is a compatibility issue between the
>>> Windows 64bit Edition and AOL?

>> Fortunately, yes. AOL has so far declined to create a version of their
>> product with which to sabotage WinXPx64.
>>

>>> I cannot install AOL Software on that platform. I keep getting error
>>> message about missing or corrupted files.
>>>

>> You should consider yourself very lucky, and then inquire into using a
>> real ISP.
>>

>>> Is there any patches on this issue or Microsoft is already have a patch
>>> on this one?
>>>

>> Why would you expect Microsoft to offer a patch to fix another company's
>> product?
>>

>> --
>>
>> Bruce Chambers
>>
>> Help us help you:
>> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
>> both at once. - RAH

Colin Barnhorst

If the poster was asking for folks to give him their impressions of AOL,
great. But the comments are gratuitous in the context of a simple how-to
question. But everyone does have the right to comment, including me.