Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can I upgrade from the trial version to the full version?

Can I upgrade from the trial version to the full version?

=?Utf-8?B?TWF4?=

I read in the frequently asked questions about Windows XP Professional x64
Edition, that you can upgrade from the trial version to the full version.
What is the process towards obtaining this? Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

1.) Buy a copy from your favourite system builder. Online sources include
newegg.com, directron.com, and NCIX.com.
2.) insert the CD in the drive, and boot to the CD. Do a repair
installation.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Max wrote:
> I read in the frequently asked questions about Windows XP Professional x64
> Edition, that you can upgrade from the trial version to the full version.
> What is the process towards obtaining this? Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFja00=?=

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> 1.) Buy a copy from your favourite system builder. Online sources include
> newegg.com, directron.com, and NCIX.com.
> 2.) insert the CD in the drive, and boot to the CD. Do a repair
> installation.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Max wrote:
> > I read in the frequently asked questions about Windows XP Professional x64
> > Edition, that you can upgrade from the trial version to the full version.
> > What is the process towards obtaining this? Thanks.

> Charlie's advice is the way to go; however, during the transition early summer to the OEM version, on two computers, repair worked on one and not on the other. The only alternative then is a clean install.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Remember to choose the Repair option after the 'F8' license agreement.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
news(E-Mail Removed)...