Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > A quick XP64 Installating question

A quick XP64 Installating question

=?Utf-8?B?cXVpdHRlcg==?=

Hi, just a quick q,

I want to install XP64 on my new machine which is using an old HD with
normal XP on it. Can i install over XP but keep everything (desktop layout,
My Documents, program registry) the same?

Thanks

Charlie Russel - MVP

No. XP Professional x64 Edition can only be installed as a fresh
installation. There is no upgrade path from 32-bit XP.

Also, please see http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../02/65120.aspx
for more on making sure you have the right Files and Settings Transfer
Wizard to migrate as much of your settings as possible.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

quitter wrote:
> Hi, just a quick q,
>
> I want to install XP64 on my new machine which is using an old HD with
> normal XP on it. Can i install over XP but keep everything (desktop
> layout, My Documents, program registry) the same?
>
> Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpdHRlcg==?=

ahh, thanks. Got a hard drive lying about. I'll slap him in and see if it
works and give it a shot. Cheers.

--
-Scott