Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Program File Folders

x64 Program File Folders

Wad

Is it true that 32 bit apps install into a c:/ Program Files (x86)
while 64 bit apps install into c:/Program Files? What does this mean
if I want to load games into my other partitions (i.e. D, E, etc) ?

Normally I keep my c:/ drive small, just enought to support my system
(e.g 10GB) and my other drives 80 GB and 160 GBs for most programs.

Will I still be able to install to the other partitions if I keep the
same directory structure?

Thanks,

Wad

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes. Just change the drive letter for the application installation. Leave
the Program Files and Program Files (x86) part alone, though.

You can also adjust the environment variables %ProgramFiles% and
%ProgramFiles(x86)%

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64