Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > My question of the day

My question of the day

Dennis Gordon

I queried our Minolta/Konica rep about the availabilty of a PCL driver fro
our Bizhub 350 color copier/printer. I received the expected "hasn't been
developed yet" response, and they suggested I use the XP driver. What XP
driver might they be talking about? Randomly choosing drivers that looked
promising (namely anything with Minolta or Konica in the name) results in
the spewing of endless pages of gibberish. Any suggestions where I might
look?

Dennis Gordon

Oh forget it. When I contacted "technical support" they told me that the XP
driver was the one on the manufacturer's disk. When (politely) reminded that
it was a 32 bit driver and, hence, incompatible, she responded..."oh, I
guess there isn't one then..." I resisted the urge to reply, "...well,
duh..."

"Dennis Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I queried our Minolta/Konica rep about the availabilty of a PCL driver fro
>our Bizhub 350 color copier/printer. I received the expected "hasn't been
>developed yet" response, and they suggested I use the XP driver. What XP
>driver might they be talking about? Randomly choosing drivers that looked
>promising (namely anything with Minolta or Konica in the name) results in
>the spewing of endless pages of gibberish. Any suggestions where I might
>look?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Duh, indeed.

--